Views towards vaccination in pregnancy

(1 Post)
Rosieisobel Thu 03-Dec-15 15:46:09

Hi,

I'm Rosie, a PhD student at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. My thesis is part of a project funded and undertaken by the National Institute for Health Research, in partnership with Public Health England. My research focuses on understanding factors influencing vaccination uptake in pregnancy.

I am focusing my research in Hackney as the area has relatively low vaccination rates compared to other boroughs of London. Therefore, I would be interested in learning more about how pregnant (and recently pregnant) women in Hackney experience healthcare during pregnancy and how it has shaped their decision-making process, especially with regards to healthcare-related measures such as vaccination in pregnancy.

I am looking for mothers for this part of my research who are, or have been pregnant in the last six months, who live in Hackney and are willing to engage in an open, non-judgmental conversation about the above points. If you would like to participate, the discussion would take place at the most convenient time and location for you. You would also receive a £20 gift voucher to thank you for your time.

I would really appreciate your support with this as I hope that it can help us to understand reasons for low vaccination uptake rates in pregnancy in Hackney.

I am happy to have a further chat with you if you are undecided and if you would like to take part, please contact me at rose.wilson@lshtm.ac.uk or 07788 100571.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Rosie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now