toddler groups in Plumstead

(13 Posts)
Jude68 Wed 29-Jul-09 15:01:19

Hi, we're moving to The Slade very soon and although we don't have a car regularly, there seems to be a few toddler groups in the area (my kids are 2.5 yrs and nearly 1)
can anyone suggest the best ones (friendly) and warn me away from the crap ones (rough or unfriendly)
My OH grew up in Plumstead and had warned me off the Glyndon ones which is a shame as some of them run through the holidays.
Are they that bad? honestly?
thanks guys !

Jude68 Wed 29-Jul-09 21:05:24

hello??? Are you all too posh to live in Plumstead?

kalo12 Wed 29-Jul-09 21:14:26

mini picassos at trinity church on fridays

Jude68 Thu 30-Jul-09 13:53:50

where is trinity church? Do you mean the community hall near burrage road?
cheers x

Jude68 Thu 30-Jul-09 14:08:17

Oh I know where you mean thanks. We intend on going to the toddler play and stay sessions here.
Do you have to pre-book the mini picassos sessions or can you just tuen up and pay?
I'll have two kids with me aged 12 months and nearly 3...is it £4 per child?
thanks..am desperate to get out of the house with the kids as we are moving in with inlaws...wish me luck!!!

kalo12 Thu 30-Jul-09 14:19:51

just turn up. they have got some dates in the summer hols too.

archers leisure centre in greenwich has a toddler gym

kalo12 Thu 30-Jul-09 14:24:13

the mums are very nice btw. i don't live there but have a friend who lives there

Jude68 Thu 30-Jul-09 15:37:02

that's great Kalo...thanks for info. Definately ging to get along to the trinity. My eldest loves arty stuff and I'm too much of a stress head to let her get the paints and play doh out too often!

tigermoth Sun 09-Aug-09 12:00:44

There's a good one at Christchurch (Christchurch School) on Shooters Hill road, just backing onto Oxleas Wood. It's a bit of a journey by public transport from The Slade, but it's not too impossible. It is a very good one, and is surrounded by lovely woodland.

Also, by the end of 2010, the school there will have had a brand new hall built and other facilities, which will probably be used by the toddler club (if you are still needing a toddler club by them!).

You could also see if there are any toddler clubs at Shewsbury House, which is on Plum Lane. AFAIK, the childrens clubs there are all good.

Jude68 Fri 28-Aug-09 22:35:22

My problem now seems to be (having finally moved to Plumstead) is that everywhere is up or down an impossibly steep hill...do-able but not desirable with 2 toddlers in a double buggy...going to bravely check out the Brookhill Childrens centre and the Trinity Centre..thank you guys for your replies.

Jude68 Fri 28-Aug-09 22:43:01

BTW, if anyone wants to meet up with me (had nil replies from "meet-a-mum) then that would begood. We can frequently be found in the Slade swing park/Winns Common paddling pool/pounding Plumstead Common Road with the buggy..just a thought.....;-)

Jude68 Sat 29-Aug-09 16:59:50

One more question...anyone from Woolich/Plumstead go to the Brookhill Children's centre? I am keen to try it out but the area is pretty rough and Mr Jude68 won't let me take the car. Any thoughts guys?

tigermoth Sun 30-Aug-09 18:23:24

I often park my car near the Brookhill Children's Centre, so see some of the parents and children going in and out - they look fine - a nice mixture. If I still had under 5s I'd definitely have given it a go. The new buildings look really nice.

The area is a bit dodgy, but having said that, I've never had any problems walking along Brookhill Road, day or evening. I've often gone back to my car around 7.00 pm and both car and I have been ok.

We sometimes go to the Winns Common paddling pool, too ( I have a 10 year old and a teenger). Don't know the ages of your children, but have you visited the Plumstead Common Adventure Playground? Although it mainly for ages 8 and above, there's a corner for under 6's and their parents.

I really know what you mean about the long hiil walks. I wish there was a bus service going up Plum Lane, linking Plumstead Common with Shooters Hill Road!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now