6 and a half months pregnant, moving to Woolwich soon and looking for new friends!

(3 Posts)
Cassie1984 Sun 28-Jun-09 22:32:29

Hello,
I am currently 6 and a half months pregnant and will be moving to Woolwich to live with my partner in August. I don't know anyone up there and and worried that I will find it hard/difficult once I have had the baby and am looking for new friends and details on where the local mother and baby groups etc are that will get me out and about meeting new people, so I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks, Cassie x

littlepiggies Tue 14-Jul-09 21:54:36

Hi Cassie - once you get into the area check out all the sure start children's centres near you - they are a good place to meet other mums. Some run baby massage and postnatal exercise courses which mean you'll be able to meet people who also have young babies. Good luck!

Powdoc Fri 17-Jul-09 08:22:55

Hi Cassie.

I don't know about Woolwich, but there's loads of mums in Greenwich, plus loads of baby groups. Assuming your're in an easily accessible bit of Woolwich, the buses come straight along the bottom of the Woolwich/Trafalgar road.

There are a few Children's centres around. Here's a link.

I would also recommend antenatal classes for meeting people. Not sure what health area you'd be under, but I did (free) NHS classes at the Fairfield centre and made some friends I still see. Will you be giving birth at Queen Elizabeth? Can you speak to them about antenatal classes? You don't say whether you've already got kids (although you say 'new' baby. Does that mean you have older ones?), but antenatal classes might be worth it for the social aspect, even if you don't feel you need it for the birth info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now