Need info about Greenwich: rentals, nurseries etc

(2 Posts)
bmgreen Mon 01-Feb-16 18:26:44

Hello Greenwich mommies,

We are moving from New York in March..just by talking to a few friends..we think we will be renting in Greenwich...Our offices are in Canary wharf..so I have a few basic questions...hope you can helpsmile

1. What are some of the good areas in Greenwich: closer to public transport to CW; new construction; and lively neighborhood?

2. LO will be 2.9 years old, so what are some of the good Montessori/ day care in the area?

Ideally, we want to rent a 3 bed flat (preferably in a newer construction), budget is around 2500..can go lil high also...

Thank you for your help....and I hope to meet you when I am there!

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Mon 08-Feb-16 13:58:48

For a quick hop to CW, you will find it easier if you are based in West Greenwich near to the station there so you can catch the DLR [docklands light railway] to work.

Alternatively, there are a lot of very nice apartments in GMV [Greenwich Millenium Village] which is on the greenwich peninsula about 10-15 mins by bus to the middle of Greenwich village, the museum etc. North Greenwich Tube is one stop from CW station so a super quick commute. There's plenty of green space, an outstanding school, a good nursery and the O2 centre has lots of restaurants. There's a good Waitrose at CW, and lots of supermarkets will deliver food [quite normal in the UK].
www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-52806475.html

I don't know the nurseries in West Greenwich very well, but quite a few people use a nursery in CW and commute with their child.
www.littleunicorndaynurseries.co.uk/locations

Re housing - a 3 bed apartment could be challenging. They are mostly 1-2 beds I think but they do come up. There's a lot of new build advertised as Greenwich but physically closer to Deptford station which is not convenient for Canary Wharf.
eg:
www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-39438012.html
www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-39493569.html
They tend to be quite a bit smaller than GMV apartments.

John Payne is a very good local estate agent.
www.johnpayne.com/
And www.Rightmove.co.uk will give you a good idea of what's available.

This is for rent this morning - it's a good example of the type of 3 bed house that's typical of East and West Greenwich. This one backs into a little park and has three nurseries within 5 mins. You would need to take the bus/walk/cycle to North Greenwich Station in the mornings which would take about 20 mins on foot. Centre of Greenwich is 10 mins walk.
www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-39730905.html

Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now