Nice and affordable places to live near Blackheath

(4 Posts)
monlucel Thu 11-Dec-14 21:37:18

Hello everyone!

I hope you can help me because I am a Little bit lost at the moment.

We live in East London now and we do not like it much, so we are planning to move somewhere else. I love Blackheath and Greenwich village but I find them too pricey. I like the idea of having beautiful shops and cafés near, at a walking distance. But we also have two Little girls who need a good school and we need to feel safe and quiet (too many things, I know).

People have told me about Charlton, Lee, Hither Green... What do you think? I'd love to read your first hand opinions...

Thank you very much "netmums"!

Stickhasgrownup Fri 12-Dec-14 16:29:03

I live in Eltham and am very happy here. Choice of good schools, parks and lots of shops!
Charlton has a lovely community feel. I know quite a few mums from there. Lee is lovely around Manor House gardens. I used to nanny there but don't currently know anyone who lives there.
I don't know hither green I'm afraid... But I am a member of a lovely Facebook group and lots of the mums are from HG and all really lovely. I think the Corbett estate is popular.

monlucel Fri 12-Dec-14 16:48:50

Thank you stickhasgrownup!!

I like very much what you are saying about Charlton community feel... Is Charlton a place where there are things going on or do you need to get to Greenwich or Blackheath to find activities such as parent and toddlers groups?

Thank you again!

Stickhasgrownup Mon 15-Dec-14 20:08:30

There's lots going on in Charlton. Theres a childrens center attached to sherrington school that have loads of groups on offer. We used to go to music there. Theres charlron toy library in charlton house and the big red bus club is meant to also be very good. Oh and the lido in the summer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now