pregnant and due in July/Aug 2012 Greenwich/Blackheath area?

(53 Posts)
margot123 Wed 18-Jan-12 09:29:54

Hi all,

I'm living in Blackheath since March 2011 and recently found out that I'm pregnantsmile. I'm in my 11th week and my due date is in August. I'm Dutch, 32 years old and looking for other mums to be in the area!! I miss my friends in The Netherlands and my friends in London live quite far away and aren't pregnant;).

Also wondering if there is any pregnancy swimming in the area? Would love to join a class. I look forward to hearing from you!!

Mette82 Sat 02-Jun-12 11:37:08

Hello - I sent you a private message smile

Ekpoma76 Wed 30-May-12 20:51:41

Hi Mette82 and everyone,

I was there last thursday from 7-7.30 and didn't see anyone at the Princess of Wales pub in blackheath. Please can i have a contact number if the meeting is still taking place to enable me contact someone that is going to be there this week.

saschamiles Tue 22-May-12 22:01:34

Thanks Mette- where and when? Can't wait to see you all.

Sascha

Mette82 Tue 22-May-12 13:41:17

Looking foward to meet you both smile

Ekpoma76 Sun 20-May-12 13:19:52

Hi All,

I would like to come along also on Thursday but was wondering what people were doing to keep busy waiting for the lovely baby. It is my first and I was hoping to work to mid-June before starting my maternity leave.....but the days seems longer than normal and the weekend feels like 4 days as am very heavy and have carputal tunnel on both wrist so can't do much house work or walking.

Mette82 Sat 19-May-12 22:16:38

Hello! Of course not! If you are you free next Thursday, then come alongsmile

saschamiles Fri 18-May-12 14:18:19

Hi there! I'm also due in august with first baby - although My basset hound might argue she's technically the first child!

I live in west Greenwich and would live to meet up with other mums to be- Im a surgeon in Essex and don't know anyone else in the same boat locally - is it too late to join in the fun?

Sascha

Mette82 Wed 09-May-12 20:51:21

Hi Charlotte - I will PM my email smile

CharlotteLR1985 Wed 09-May-12 11:52:22

Will people be meeting up on Thursday?

CharlotteLR1985 Fri 04-May-12 12:58:08

Blimey your packing a lot in! I find the sod off I'm pregnant excuse works remarkably well in all situations!

I will deffo be out on Thursday (oh how I wish it was for Gin). Slightly concerned I'm going to be a reclusive mother and start talking to the goldfish.

freelancegirl Fri 04-May-12 12:06:29

LOL! I will be crawling on all fours in no time, I am sure charlotte. Unfortunately in way 'particularly good night at the pub' way smile

So glad it is not just me though! I was worried I was a particularly weedy pregnant women.

Pressing on the diaphragm definitely sounds like I am feeling too Mette.

Oh, I really really want to try to come and meet you all! I am having such a hectic time though - moving out of one flat this weekend (plus two days in Oxford in between for a friend's 'do' we really can't get out of) then got a friend over from LA who I have to show round London all next Thursday, then on Friday we are off on a city break (the final break together...) for DH's bday.. and so it carries on. I will do my best to make it next Thursday but if not, DEF the one after that.

CharlotteLR1985 Fri 04-May-12 11:45:38

I'm going to upset you all and tell you that the moving thing does not get any easier. 35 weeks now and genuinely find crawling on all fours easier than walking except that I then can't get up again after :D

Mette82 Fri 04-May-12 11:21:40

Hi,

Yes, will be there next Thursday so waddle over smile

I know how you feel- I am only 26 weeks, and heavy breathing too. Baby is high up so pushing on my diafram.

See you next Thursday smile

freelancegirl Fri 04-May-12 11:08:14

Hi Charlotte, Mette and everyone else.

I will try waddle over next Thursday too! I have a rotten cold this week and didn't want to share it. Plus - is anyone else finding this? - I am finding it harder and harder to motivate myself to move around much! Breathing can get quite laboured. Am only 28 and a half weeks! And to think that in pre-pregnancy life I was a total gym bunny...

CharlotteLR1985 Fri 04-May-12 10:58:36

I will waddle over next Thursday if you are going to be there. I live just round the corner so it's and ideal meeting place.

Mette82 Thu 03-May-12 17:08:00

Hello! Yes, please come. It is 5-6 of us. The more the merriersmile

CharlotteLR1985 Thu 03-May-12 12:44:50

Hi ladies,

Is there room for a small one? Im 35 weeks and don't know anyone else having a baby.

freelancegirl Wed 02-May-12 20:48:18

Ooh, am not far from there at all. How many of there are you now? Just wondering who to look out for if I manage to make it on Thursday!

Mette82 Mon 30-Apr-12 11:16:59

Hello!

We are meeting every Thursday at the Princess of Wales pub in Blackheath at 7 o'clock. Join if you can this Thursday? Looking forward to meet you smile

Mette

freelancegirl Wed 25-Apr-12 14:57:33

Hello! Am a newbie, at 27 weeks pregnant and EDD on July 24th. Based in Greenwich. Don't know anyone in the area really so looking to make some 'baby friends'.Are you all still meeting up? I have started Pilates at the Greenwich Pilates centre near the station and intend to sign up for NCT this week.

Mette82 Mon 09-Apr-12 15:25:59

Hello! Yes, that is fine. I will ask if anyone else would like to join as well. smile

May2012 Sat 07-Apr-12 16:19:46

Happy Easter!
Princess of Wales, or any other suggestions of place? 6.30ish..

Mette82 Wed 04-Apr-12 15:31:50

See you on Tuesday. I hope others will join as well smile

May2012 Tue 03-Apr-12 19:56:52

Hi, Tuesday next week sounds good to me. I'm around all day so any time is good! Julia

Mette82 Tue 03-Apr-12 15:31:07

Hello!

What about Tuesday 10th next week?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now