Greenwich activities - new mum and new to the area!

(10 Posts)
aliSophia Mon 25-Jul-11 20:16:31

Hi Mumsnet

I moved to Greenwich shortly before my little girl, Sophia as born - one month early and have not had a chance to find out about local groups etc as I couldnt make the NCT ante natal classes etc. The only place I have been to is Greenwich Pilates which was great for pregnancy pilates but I only made it once. Has anyone tried Mother & Baby pilates there?

I'd be intererested to hear of any recommendations and opportunities to meet other mums/babies!

Thanks,
Alison

Bluecat5 Tue 26-Jul-11 11:54:20

Hi there Alison

i'm also new to the area and is living over in blackheath on the Lewisham side. My baby is due in mid September, but i'd love to meet up with new mums etc. I have been looking at activites for mums and babies and there is baby massage and mummy and me Yoga class in Greenwich that look really good. Also baby signing classes....
Hope to hear from you soon,

erika x

Bluecat5 Wed 27-Jul-11 15:01:32

Hi Alison

hope you pick this message up before Saturday..there is a group of preggo/with bubba mums meeting at the Greenwich Park Pavillion Cafe this Saturday at 11am, I'm going to pop along to meet with them....
hope you can make it too!

erika x

aliSophia Fri 29-Jul-11 14:03:55

Thanks Erika. Sorry for delay in replying..have been a little unwell this week but on the mend now smile

I cant make tomorrow unfortunately but thanks so much for mentioning it. Maybe next time.

Thanks for thr ideas...where is the baby massage held? I googled it but only found a home visit service.

Alison

aliSophia Fri 29-Jul-11 14:04:22

also, forgot to say, congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope its all going smoothly.

Bluecat5 Sat 30-Jul-11 15:08:02

http://www.peacefulpractice.co.uk/

Hi Alison

Here is the link to the Yoga/Baby massage class in Greenwich.. I will definitely be up for that one once the wee one arrives. I met with the local mums in Greenwich today at the Pavilion and they were all very nice and due mostly in September. I will keep you updated when they meet again....do you have an email address as they send round a circular to inform us with dates and times of meet ups etc....
Hope you are having a good weekend..

erikax

lizgow Sun 31-Jul-11 18:53:24

If you are looking for a yoga class in the Greenwich area I joined Yumi Yoga whilst I was pregnant and now go to the mother and baby and baby yoga classes. They are really great and also a brilliant way to meet other (lovely) mums who I spend a lot of time with outside of the classes. Check out the link http://www.yumiyoga.co.uk/

kateo1963 Wed 03-Aug-11 17:43:14

Don't forget the toy libraries & sure start centres - they are great places to find info about it is going on near you. Good luck.!!

SELondonDads Fri 19-Aug-11 21:47:47

Hello there

If you want to get baby and Dad out of the house together then check out:
www.SELondonDads.org.uk

for lots of dads and under fives activities and play and stays.

See thread in this page.

sylvia247 Tue 25-Oct-11 18:06:47

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now