Sept/Oct 2011 Greenwich/Blackheath due babies...?

(30 Posts)
freelancegirl Thu 10-Mar-11 20:39:14

Hi there,

Am almost 11 weeks but awaiting scan at QE towards the end of the month. Would love to know if there are any Greenwich, GMV or Blackheath first time mums out there?

Am mid 30s, work in media, love travelling, food, USED to love wine, still love nice friends, music, good conversation...going to the gym.... Am feeling like am on a dating site

I work from home a lot but am in Canary Wharf most weekdays. Most of my friends are scattered around London and it would be great to share thoughts, worries, laughs etc etc with people in a similar situation.

Anyone out there...?

Mazzle Wed 20-Apr-11 14:36:55

Hi. I just posted a message looking for other pregnant ladies too. I'm due end July/early August so am about 26 weeks now. I've already got a couple of older kids but we they are both starting school/preschool in September so I'll have lots of time with just baby. It'll be fun to feel like a first time Mum again during the day. Do you know what you're having? Mine's a girl which is very exciting after two boys!
I'm in my early 30s and enjoy a lot of the same things you do....maybe not the gym so much recently! Can't wait to be allowed to drink more than half a glass of wine again!
Where do you live? I'm in East Greenwich, near the Pleasuance. Would love to hear from you,
Marie.

Mozmeister Sat 23-Apr-11 18:52:01

Hello

I'm also in my early 30s and have baby number 1 on the way at the start of August so would love to join in with you if you meet up. I live in Blackheath and have lots of friends scattered across London but don't know any local mums to be. Would be good to meet up if you fancy, or simply keep in touch on email. I also had a private message from another mum to be who's due now who'd be keen to meet up.

How do we arrange this? (Can you tell I'm not really used to doing this!? Like you say frelancegirl its like online dating - we'll all have to wear red carnations or something to identify ourselves!). Weekends are pretty packed for me unless you can do the morning on Saturday 7th?

wildrover Sun 01-May-11 11:03:19

Hi,

I'm in my mid 30s and have just moved to Greenwich (town centre) - so would love to meet other mums. I'm due (first baby) in late August. I'm self employed, so work really flexibly most days.

Trying to figure out what prenatal classes I should take here - so would love some advice on that (NCT? Sofie Jacobs?).

Did you arrange a meet up in Greenwich?

Dibelles Sat 07-May-11 22:40:00

Hi there, I'm Diana and I'm a 31 year old Mum-to-be living in Blackheath and I've just had my 20 week scan. I'm due late Sep. I've just started investigating the local Mums groups. I'm a freelance journalist and work in sales in Vauxhall during the week, so like many people, weekends or evenings would be the best times for me to meet up for a chat. One of the groups that I'm planning on joining is the pregnancy yoga group at The Arches in Greenwich but I bet there's loads more groups in the area that I don't even know exist!! From reading these posts, it looks like there are several Mums to be at a similar stage to me out there, so if you fancied catching up sometime for a coffee, it would be great to hear from you. I haven't signed up to anything yet.

Cheers! Di x

Mozmeister Mon 16-May-11 17:11:46

hi Di

Congratulations on your scan! Have you attempted yoga yet? I'm so unbendy even without a bump that I'm really not sure I'd be able to do any more than lie on the floor and breathe if I joined! Swimming however is proving to be quite good, although a lot slower than I used to be!

We've tentatively suggested a meet up on the 26th June at 11.00 - are you free? We all seem to have busy diaries so this might not go ahead but let me know if you're around! (and anyone else who reads this and fancies it!)

Dibelles Tue 17-May-11 17:09:55

Hi Mozmeister,

I've not attempted yoga yet but I feel the pressure to start doing something baby related health wise - as I stopped running when I found out so I feel really unfit! I agree - I'm finding that swimming is proving to be really relaxing, it's just a bit cold in the pool at The Arches!

I'd love to meet up with you all on the 26th June at 11am, where do you all fancy meeting? I can't wait to meet some Mums to be at a similar ish stage to me!! take care everyone!

Di x

Chops81 Thu 19-May-11 00:06:50

Hey Ladies

I live in Blackheath, I'm in my mid thirties and expecting my 1st baby on the 25th September, just had a scan today at Queen Elizabeth - 21 weeks and all looking good. I'd be up for meeting on the 26th June, be nice to meet some other mums to be locally.

I work in the theatre and I'm also a yoga teacher, although not doing any teaching at the moment as I'm just about managing to get myself to my own classes! I'm a member of David Lloyd in Kidbrooke.

Has anyone signed up to NCT? I emailed the Blackheath one earlier to get some more info.

Let me know where the meet on the 26th is going to be and I'll look forward to meeting you guys then.

Sarah

Dibelles Thu 19-May-11 10:18:59

Hi Sarah,

I'm due on the 23rd Sep and it's also my first baby, so it's nice to hear from someone at exactly the same stage. The nearest NCT class that I could find online was Greenwich and so I've registered and hope to get more details soon. It was the 4H/C1067 -NCT Intensive course-Greenwich-mid September/early October babies class.

I would have preferred Blackheath as I live close to the high street. I just hope that I'm not too late, as I'm always hearing about how booked up these classes get!

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the 26th - does anyone have any suggestions of where we should all meet?

Di

Chops81 Sat 21-May-11 12:50:56

Hey Di

Wow we really are close, where are you having your baby - we could be in together! I've still not heard anything from the NCT, how did you find out about that particular class?

As some of us are from Blackheath and others Greenwich, how about the pavilion cafe slap bang in the middle of the park? Not been there for years but it's central to both?

Sarah

Dibelles Wed 25-May-11 10:24:10

Hi Sarah,

That sounds like a great place to meet, what does everyone else think? By the way, if you fancy a coffee before that, just let me know know, I haven't met anyone else due at the same time as me so it would be nice to compare notes!!

I'm having it at Lewisham hospital how about you? I was impressed with their new midwide run birthing centre and it's not far fom me. Regards NCT classes, that one that I mentioned in Greenwich it is not ideal actually, as the classes were mostly scheduled on Fridays which would have meant me taking a fair bit of time off work. I've had a chat with my husband and we've decided to join this one in Limehouse now, Course Antenatal - 5A/C400 which is also recommended for babies due in late Sep/early Oct. These are the sessions times if you're interested:

The'yre not cheap but I keep hearing how good they are.

Friday 26 Aug 2011 11:00 14:30 Women only.
Friday 26 Aug 2011 14:30 17:30
Saturday 27 Aug 2011 09:30 16:30
Saturday 3 Sep 2011 10:00 12:30 Breastfeeding session.

Belinda Gubbay

Parent Services Administrator 5A
Newham & Tower Hamlets
Telephone: 0844 243 6902

look forward to meeting you soon!
Di

lovemyboo Wed 25-May-11 11:46:05

Hello everyone,

Could I join you please?

I have a cheeky 18 mo old boy and am due mid July with second. I actually live in Bexleyheath but spent most of my last maternity in greenwich park- am looking forward to spending this summer there too.

Like most of you I am in my thirties, work in town and love wine, good food and company!

Sarv

xx

Dibelles Wed 25-May-11 17:21:52

Hi Sarv- of course, the more the merrier! I can get some much needed advice from you on motherhood!!

Chops81 Fri 27-May-11 00:02:05

Hey guys

Yes of course you must come Sarv.

Yes I looked at the Greenwich NCT one too Di but the times were no good for us neither so we've booked on to one in new cross, it's 3 Saturdays in a row throughout august which suits us well as we're just so busy at work at the moment, taking time off just isn't an option.

Mine will be born at Queen Elizabeth though I'm tempted to look into having it at Darenth, my cousin recently had her baby there and really sang it's praises. The care I've received at Queen Elizabeth has been good but they just seem so busy, since Queen Mary's in Sidcup closed it's doors they are so oversubscribed. My appointment was almost 2 hours late last week. My first option was the new Lewisham Birthing Centre but I have a small complication which would mean I am too high a risk to give birth there.

If I do have any time on my hands before the 26th ill give you a shout... We're off camping tomorrow for 5 days - hoping desperately that the weather changes, the site we're going to in Somerset is lovely, it allows campfires and has a stream running along it but when it rains its just a damp valley...Having second thoughts! If we weren't meeting friends there I think we'd raincheck (excuse the pun).

Anyway enjoy the bank holiday.

Sarah

Mozmeister Sun 29-May-11 15:14:59

Hello

Pavillion cafe sounds good to me! Looking forward to seeing you all on the 26th at 11.00.

I've just done my first NCT class last week - it sounds like it will be good, although we didn't learn masses in our first session it was more of getting to know each other and finding out what each person wanted to cover in the following weeks. But, I'm looking forward to the next ones to see what they are like...

See everyone in a few weeks!

Mazzle Sun 29-May-11 15:33:08

Wow...there are loads of replies on here now! I'm in for 26th and looking forward to meeting you all. I'm due at the very end of July with baby number 3 (crazy I know!) but my older 2 will be at school/preschool come September so I'll have lots if time with baby & hopefully hanging out with other mums!
See you then, Marie x

Chops81 Thu 23-Jun-11 20:31:05

Hey ladies you all still on for Sunday? 11:00am at Pavillion. I wonder if freelancegirl who started the post is still out there? Looking forward to talking babies and bumps on Sunday.
Sarah

Mozmeister Thu 23-Jun-11 22:32:48

Hiya

Yes, still on for Sunday. See you all in the Pavillion Cafe at 11. I guess the bumps will identify us all!

Dibelles Fri 24-Jun-11 16:56:00

Hiy ladies - yes, I'm still good for this Sunday at 11am - my bump is not huge despite being 27 weeks but I'm sure I should be able to spot a group of preggered ladies!

Di x

lovemyboo Sat 09-Jul-11 23:14:14

Hi all,

did you have a get together?

I missed it due to my pregnancy brain- which now is new mummy brain, had my second baby on Sunday 3rd of July.

Would still love to get together, so please let me know when the next one is booked- i'll have to be the new girl!

sarv

xx

Vics75 Tue 12-Jul-11 14:48:48

Hi all, just seen this thread. I live in Blackheath and am due on Sept 19th so if there are any other meet-ups would love to come along!

Vicki x

Bluecat5 Fri 22-Jul-11 15:07:54

Hi there

just worked out how to send messages on this site etc..I am new to the area and is 32 weeks pregnant..My baby is due mid September and I would love to meet new people who are at the same stage..i live near Blackheath on the Lewisham side and can meet for a chat and some tea/cake.

Dibelles Wed 27-Jul-11 07:24:44

Great, there should be a nice crowd of us this Sat then! See you all at 11am at thr pavilion at the wkend. Di x

Bluecat5 Wed 27-Jul-11 14:59:07

Brilliant! look forwards to meeting you all this Sat at 11am -Greenwich Park Pavillion with bumpy!
erika x

octoberdaisy Mon 01-Aug-11 21:55:13

Hi all - I just found this thread (moved last month to Blackheath) and would love to join the next meet-up! My bump's going to be 28 weeks tomorrow and it will definitely like cake and (decaf) coffee with other bumps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now