Nursery?

(10 Posts)
Mozmeister Mon 07-Mar-11 08:47:28

Hi All
I'm expecting our baby in early August this year, and plan to have a year's maternity then return to work in August 2012. A friend who lives out of London told me I should get the bump registered for a nursery before it even arrives! Is this true?
Would be great to know when other people registered their baby for local blackheath/greenwich nurseries? And does anyone have a recommendation - I'm a bit lost!

thank you!

MrsMogwai Tue 08-Mar-11 22:25:37

I have my name down for a nursery at my work since 20 weeks pregnant. On a waiting list with no idea if I'll actually get a place though!

MisSalLaneous Tue 08-Mar-11 22:42:01

Yes. Good nurseries incredibly hard to get into - I was on waiting list from 2 months before ds's birth, and a place became available when he was 10 months!

I really like Teddies in Greenwich. Great staff, ds loves it there. I'd recommend booking a viewing with them, and then, if you like it, put your name down immediately. I know it sounds odd, and to be honest, at the time I didn't even know if I'd want to work whilst ds was small, but it's the only way you can be sure you'll have something in place when you need it.

JW888 Wed 09-Mar-11 07:45:24

I had put down our names with Teddies and Robert Owen 12 months ago, still have no luck. Sherrington is min 18month waiting as well. I end up taking dd to Early Years Childcare in Woolwich, lovely staffs and the staff adn baby ratio is 1:2. It is a bit far away but I had no choice when there is absolutely nothing availbale in Greenwich. I suggest you start viewing different nursery and trying to reserve a place as soon as possible. Good luck x

Mozmeister Mon 14-Mar-11 22:37:48

Crikey! Thanks ladies, much appreciated... Better get on the phone and get this mini bump visiting!

Acqua Wed 06-Apr-11 00:57:45

Really recommend Quaggy Children's Centre.

Baby sections might seem on the cozy side, but the 2+ open plan room and playground is very spacious.

Very well deserved Outsanding Ofsted this year.

Also the cost is reasonable. There's usually a high waiting list (especially for under 2s) so apply early. Orchard Hill
London SE13 7QZ
020 8465 9785

Mozmeister Tue 12-Apr-11 17:54:40

Thanks Acqua - I've been busy booking viewings so I will add this to the list. I genuinely can't believe some of them are telling me their first vacancy is July 2012 - so glad I found out about the waiting time!

taylasmummy Sat 21-Jan-12 09:06:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

TitchVida Sat 21-Jan-12 22:37:18

Springwell Day Nursery in SE10 - only opened in June 2011 and I've found them very good.

Ilovegreenwich2014 Wed 12-Mar-14 16:58:52

Definitely do not recommend Springwell Nursery! Read their latest osfed report - rated Inadequate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now