meeting other mums/mum and baby groups

(7 Posts)
Emski10 Wed 25-Aug-10 10:38:34

hello!

i'm off on maternity leave with my now 3 week old little boy, he's my first and i'm finding it a little lonesome! does anybody know of any mum and baby groups around woolwich/greenwich i could take him to? i know hes a little young but its more for me to meet mums in the same area as me! If your a mum around here i'd love to meet up, its a bit daunting being on my own all day. i'd love to know how other mums are dealing with the day to day of caring for a new born and it would be lovely to make some new friends as all my friends are at work full time and live on the other side of london, plus i only know 2 other girls with babies and they are far away and their children are 7 and 8 months so they will be heading back to work soon

sue2lee Wed 01-Sep-10 07:17:22

Hi,

I was also looking for some playgroup or something, although my little thing is too young(5weeks), but i also feel lonley, and I need to meet up more people in my neighborhood.

on Netmums website, there were list of playgroups, and I am going to call around to find out if any of them accept a young baby like mine.

Molly4115 Wed 29-Sep-10 16:12:53

Hi,

I am in the same position! I live in greenwich and have a 3 week old girl. It is a little isolating being at home with baby all day! If anyone can recomend any groups for very young babies or is in a similar position & would like to meet for coffee please let me know!

Molly.

weasle Fri 08-Oct-10 20:54:57

hello

try nct open houses for meeting other mums. sometimes have under-ones sessions, but you are welcome to attend any. [http://www.nctpregnancyandbabycare.com/in-your-ar ea/greenwich/openhouse here]]

greenwich council have a list of groupshere

HTH x

MumsteadPlum Thu 10-Feb-11 19:59:06

If you like singing, try coming along to Sing It Out! It's an informal singing group - no nursery rhymes, which is a bonus! Babies can snuggle or roll around together and Mums get to sing out all the stress and eat cake; it's fab grin. I've been going with my little one for a couple of months now (he's now 6mths) and we both love it. Check out www.singitout.co.uk.

BumpsNewEltham Tue 29-Mar-11 20:20:29

www.bumpsandbabies-neweltham.co.uk

you're more than welcome to come along - meets in a community centre and the mums run the group themselves! You have a say in who you'd like to visit - first aid, baby massage, photographers, fingerprint jewellery... They meet in a large community centre, so there's no limit on numbers!

DaniCo Fri 29-Jul-11 23:26:33

Try www.yumiyoga.co.uk and www.yogalounge.org for fabulous classes in Greenwich.
Pregnancy Yoga, Mum and Baby Yoga and Baby Yoga.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now