Stonehouse or Stroud?

(2 Posts)
nam207 Mon 31-Mar-14 13:06:43

Hi, we currently live in Thornbury and are going to be relocating to the Stroud area.

I was wondering whether anyone could offer any advice on the pros and cons of moving to Stonehouse over Stroud. We have a 20 month old so would like to have good access to groups and will be thinking forward to schools too.

I'd also be really interested to know if there are any areas to avoid moving to, its really hard to know when you're not local.

Thanks for any advice.

Shazzamattazzerly Thu 03-Apr-14 14:59:34

Hello Nam207
We are also relocating to Stroud. I'm from Stroud and am moving back from London. We have a 4 month old daughter.

We are moving to Ebley which is between stonehouse and Stroud. I was brought up in cashes green which is near where I'm moving to. It's a nice area. Flat which is good as Stroud is very hilly. That is a bonus for stonehouse as well. It is flat.

My grandparents used to live in stonehouse. It is a very nice place. Obviously much smaller than Stroud but still has the direct train to London which is good. I don't know much about schools there. The best primary school in Stroud according to ofsted seems to be Foxmoor. I attended archway secondary school. Stonehouse has maidenhill which was our arch rival not sure what it is like now. Although secondary school is a long way off!

There are a couple of others relocating to Stroud threads in the MN local Gloucester chat. I'm on the app and don't know how to link them to this post. Anyway some people have posted more info on there.

Good luck. Maybe we will see each other in Stroud smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now