Swimming lessons for 5yo??

(3 Posts)
stitchthis Wed 03-Aug-11 11:51:58

Hi - can anyone recommend swimming lessons for a v keen but newbie 5 yo? Ds loves splashing around but needs proper lessons. I've tried the rec but that's mid September and I'm as impatient as DS! thanks

DontCallMeBaby Mon 08-Aug-11 23:31:50

AFAIK they all run to termtime, and tend to have waiting lists. I could have told you whether Virgin Active run their swimming lessons during the holidays as I was supposed to be taking DD general swimming at a time when they had lessons on the timetable but the car wouldn't start so we didn't go! Anyway ... DD went to Brockworth for a while (handy from the south of Cheltenham) and currently goes to National Star in Ullenwood. National Star are better as the pool is smaller - she used to struggle to hear what she was being told at Brockworth. Both have signficant waiting lists though. Both also run summer schools but I think they're only on in the first week of the holidays - not certain.

Gyms with pools might be worth a look, but I don't know what the deal is with those, if it's adult membership plus child membership plus fees for the lessons it's going to stack up.

stitchthis Tue 09-Aug-11 07:55:46

Brockworth is good from our place so I'll try them. Thanks v muchgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now