Anybody from Stroud?

(85 Posts)
emwhight Wed 21-Apr-10 13:58:20

We moved to Stroud (Chalford) early December and still not managed to form a social network around the area. I have a 2 year old daughter who loves the company of other children, and now the summer has come we'd love to get out and about. Meet-ups in parks? Play areas? We're not fussy and happy to try anything new.
Please get in touch if you're in a similar situation, or fancy taking us on as a charity case!

terri71 Wed 07-Dec-11 19:00:42

Hi I have just moved near Stroud I have a 17 month daughter and am struggling meeting other mums any help would be great

Chickpoo Sat 14-Apr-12 21:03:20

Hello! Posted something this time last year...teething and viruses are very time consuming !! Only now do I get to look on it again and try and sort something out, to meet some other parents and children. So, my son is 3 yrs and 9 months and my daughter is 13 months. My son attends nursery Monday - Wednesday and my daughter attends Monday and Tuesday. So does anyone fancy meeting up for some play dates? We live in Rodborough Common. Look forward to hearing from you.

freyab Wed 18-Apr-12 22:15:37

Hi
I moved to the Stroud area a few months ago and would like to meet some local mums and toddlers. My daughter is 3 years and 5 months and is very sociable and would love to make some friends to play with. She is at nursery Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

mellymooks Wed 25-Apr-12 08:13:46

Hi, I am hoping someone can tell me positive things about Cashes Green Primary School, we have just found out we've missed out on our top two choices and have been offered CG. I know CG is considered to be a more 'deprived' area of Stroud but the school itself seems to be thriving with a fantastic Ofsted report and score and aggragate scores only slightly behind Rodborough and Gastrells. I really liked the school when we looked around, but my partner is more concerned about the location, but I am not convinced this is really going to be an issue - any knowledge/experiences please?!

emmag26 Mon 20-Aug-12 10:01:20

Hi, my name is Emma, I mooved to Stroud from France last year, and I haven't had much chances to meet other mums. I live in Stroud too, and my son is 2 years old. He loves playing with other kids but he doesn't get the opportunities that often. I am looking to meet some mums in Stroud to have some play time for my son, and some friendly chats for me!! If anyone is looking for that too, let me know!!

mariet28 Tue 21-Aug-12 10:20:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

mariet28 Tue 21-Aug-12 10:43:26

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

jemetc Tue 04-Sep-12 23:05:04

Hi there, I also am moving near Stroud and read the great tips about schools and locations (but still working out on where to live!). Emma, our family (2 sons of 5 and 7) will leave France for a new start in green Gloucestershire and would be glad to know about your experience. Maybe once there we could meet...

pookamoo Wed 19-Sep-12 18:06:11

Hi Mariet28 I'm pretty sure your thread was deleted because it looks like you might have been advertising? Even if that wasn't your intention.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Sep-12 19:21:28

mariet28 - please check your email; you should have received an email from us explaining your previous deletions.

Thanks
MNHQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now