Rutherglen/Cambuslang baby groups

(11 Posts)
KTsmum2010 Fri 21-May-10 11:27:13

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you know of any baby groups in the Rutherglen/Cambuslang area?

I know there is the bf support group in the health centre on Tuesday afternoons, and Rhymetime in the library on Thursdays, is there anything else going on?

I'd specifically like to find out about any walking groups etc.

Thanks

Paranoid1stTimer Wed 02-Jun-10 11:04:44

I am looking for advice on this one as well.

Am not sure but there used to be a walking club for Mum's n toddlers through Cambuslang Park on a Wednesday. Google Friends of Cambuslang Park and there's an email address in the website somewhere.

I am looking for a local toddler group that is friendly enough to go along to on my own with my LO since I don't have use of a car any more. I am terrified of rolling up to an established M&T's on my own and being the saddo in the corner

KTsmum2010 Wed 07-Jul-10 17:03:37

Hi Paranoid,

Thanks for the tip about Cambuslang park, I'll look it up.

I know what you mean - it's quite daunting joining a new group. My wee girl is only 16 weeks so not really able to toddle anywhere, otherwise we'd join you.

Good luck finding somewhere.

Gillianjojingles Thu 15-Jul-10 13:14:40

Hi There

I run a music and movement class called Jo Jingles.

It is for 3 months to 5 years and classes are held in the Cambuslang Institute on a Friday afternoon.

You don't need to worry about coming along without compnay as lots of other Mums do so you will not be alone

If you would like more information or to join in please feel to contatc me on
0141 616 3562
gillianjojingles@googlemail.com
www.jojingles.com/glasgowsouth.

I look forward to hearing fromyou

Gillianjojingles Thu 15-Jul-10 13:15:11

Hi There

It is for 3 months to 5 years and classes are held in the Cambuslang Institute on a Friday afternoon.

You don't need to worry about coming along without compnay as lots of other Mums do so you will not be alone

0141 616 3562

I look forward to hearing from you

Gillianjojingles Thu 15-Jul-10 13:15:31

Hi There

0141 616 3562

I look forward to hearing from you

suzikettles Thu 15-Jul-10 22:37:23

There's a toddler group in the church quite near the library in Cambuslang (sorry I can't be more precise but I don't live there so I can't remember the name of it). It's near the fire station as well?

Anyway, my friend's on the committee and I've been a couple of times when I've been meeting up with her (Thursday 10am - they do another morning as well) and it was really friendly. All the mums seemed nice & approachable.

If you wanted to CAT me I could put you in touch with my friend.

mummysgoingmad Mon 26-Jul-10 02:38:31

i'm watching this with interest, i have just moved into the rutherglen area and am looking for somewhere to take my ds and to meet some other mums.

Sugarmuppet Fri 08-Oct-10 12:48:55

Bumping this! Anyone around in the Cambuslang area? Need someone to hold my hand and go to some baby groups? Gaby is 8 months old this week and I still haven't been to any....

MummyO3 Sat 09-Oct-10 12:08:38

i live in castlemilk, and havent been to any mum n baby or mum n tot groups, but my partners cousin tried them out here for me and said they werent very nice, that they were very cliquey.

i havent had the guts to go to any yet

i know there is one at the julie peace and that one hasnt been tired out so many be okay

but i think to be honest 99% of baby groups are cliquey

if anyone is going to try it out let me know i may come along too, i have 3 kids, scott is nearly 6 and at school, rachael is 2 and caoimhe is 1, and im 22

nikita x

Bwith3 Thu 23-Mar-17 01:49:40

Hi we are moving from London into the cumbuslang area. We have a three year old, a 18 month old and a newborn due at the end of April. Any advice on nurseries, baby groups etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now