Best Nurseries in GIFFNOCK

(6 Posts)
eightiesmusicqueen Thu 08-Oct-09 21:59:42

Help please. Have just moved to Giffnock from Sheffield and have two charming 2 and a half year old twin boys. I'm looking for a good nursery in the Giffnock or surrounding area. Also looking for parent and toddler groups and ideas on how to keep them amused in the local area. Thanx.

macmam Fri 09-Oct-09 08:35:29

Toddler group in Thornliebank Parish church beside the Shell Garage across from McConachy's tyres friday mornings and mother and toddler group in church hall St Cadoc's church 5 mins along Ayr road Mon and Wed am. Friendly and Welcoming at least they used to be! It's been a while...None of them are far from you. Can't help with the nursery....

fledtoscotland Sun 11-Oct-09 20:11:06

I'm up in East Kilbride and my two boys go to Kirrimuir Nursery at Hairmyres. It is small and friendly and my two love the fact that they are in the garden most days (wellies, hats & coats essential) and I like that I get to know the staff and they dont seem to have a high turnover.

muchchocolate Tue 13-Oct-09 13:15:54

Hi,

I'm in Giffnock - I go to a few groups that I like in Clarkston which is nearby - there is one on Tuesday morning at 9.45 in St Aidan's church.

Do you have a car to get around during the day? If so I know loads to do but not so sure in walking distance.

Let me know if you want any more details about groups or anything.

Hope you setting in well!

Rhumba Thu 15-Oct-09 21:51:49

Hi I'm in Giffnock too - maybe we need a Giffnock meet!

Moved up from down south a couple of years ago and have settled in well - love the area so hope it works out for you too.

There is a mother and toddler group at the URC (opposite morrisons) on a Tuesday am which was struggling for numbers but may be better now. Some of my friends go to Greenback church (I think it's called that it's kind of next to Bar Milano) on a Friday am and I think it's quite social too.I think there was a poster on the notie board in Morrisons for a toddler group in Orchard Hill church too.

Are you looking for a nursery (state) for pre school provision or a private nursey? Giffnock and Glenwood nuseries are both excellent. Glenwood is a bit more structured and has the advantage of being a nursery in it's own right. Giffnock has the advantage of being on the same site if you are looking at attedning school there too.Park nursery (private)has a good reputation but is only open at term times. Theres a nursery in Thornleebank opposite macdonalds called Orchard Park Nursery. I think the manager's new so can't really say much more about it.

mine did Zippikids which is a bit like tumbletots. there in Burnfield Ave - can give you details if interested.

the library does a free story/music group on a weekly basis.

Good luck

KristinaM Thu 15-Oct-09 22:07:00

your children will get a funded nursery place from the term after their third birthday

so it might be worth contacting the school where you are thinking of sending them, in case they have places for the ante pre school year

remember the school starting age is different here. if your boys are 2 1/2 now ( assuming they were born after 28 feb ) they will go to school 3 years from now, in August 2012

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now