Nurseries/childminders - Southside

(5 Posts)
whinegums Wed 05-Aug-09 12:02:30

Hi, I need to find childcare for DS, 13 months asap. We're in Shawlands, and I'm starting a new job in the city centre in September, so anywhere between, and even a little further out, if there's good transport links. Any recommendations would be very gratefully received! I'd be happy with a childminder or nursery. TIA.

prettybird Wed 05-Aug-09 12:30:43

There is a new nursery opening in Nithsdale Road (corner of Shields Road) - might be woth looking at?

I'll ask my neighbour if her childminder has spaces. We're in Pollokshields, so I am assuming that wherever she goes - which is somewhere close by - would be convenient for you.

Unfortunately the brilliant childminder that I used for ds (house next door ) has stopped child minding.

whinegums Wed 05-Aug-09 16:24:17

Thanks prettybird!!

Kaza1 Fri 07-Aug-09 18:11:54

Hi I use the Cowglen Partnership Nursery and I really like it and more importantly my girls love it!! It's just off the M77 so good for dropping the kids off then heading into Glasgow (I work there). They are also in patnership with the council so when your wee one turns 3 you can chose to receive a grant instead of sending them to a council nursery. You can phone and go for a look and I'd recommend doing that first before you choose any nursery/childminder Good luck I don't envy your task I found it a nightmare deciding where to send them smile

midnightexpress Sat 15-Aug-09 16:48:42

Don't know if you've found anywhere yet whinegums, but I would recommend Heritage House in Albert Drive (junction with Matilda Rd). My two went there before we moved house and it's lovely. Really nice staff. They usually have a waiting list, but we applied and got lucky because a space came up almost immediately on the days we needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now