Venue for 40th birthday party, W/end, Bearsden or Milngavie considered

(5 Posts)
dubbletrubble Tue 04-Aug-09 18:40:05

At a push, city centre considered too, but am looking for somewhere that I can go for a meal with family and then invite crowd to meet later in same venue. Went to a 40th in the Salon last year and was great as had meal there, then upstairs/mezzanine level to party - but the noise! A live band on and couldnt hear a word anyone was saying including speeches (even though apparently band was meant to be on a break when they were going on, made no difference). Had a lovely party for mum in Bothy for her 60th, but very much smaller event and couldnt handle numbers for this one.

We have a large family, and would expect to seat up to 30 people with another 50 or so expected later. Really want to avoid having a house party due to size - but struggling to think of anywhere that can accommodate everything we need. Would consider a buffet style function all in one place - but would prefer first option of meal, then guests later.

Was thinking about House for an art lover, but would rather stay this side of the river if possible.

Can anyone help? Would really appreciate some ideas.

Thanks

giraffesCanRunA10k Fri 07-Aug-09 07:07:55

Could try Massimos In bearsden? Have seen them have bits closed off for functions before and its very nice.

Was going to say Gavins Mill but thats gone hasn't it?

Ive been to a number of things here not in area you were looking for but we went to it from B'den and not too far to travel, really was lovely and different room bits.

Sounds like a hotel type place is your best bet imo.

sadie41 Fri 07-Aug-09 19:57:31

Why don't you have a ceilidh at the Oran Mor? You can hire the upstairs bit and they do a nice diner as well.

Also I used to live with a girl who worked in House for an Art lover as a wedding coordinator and she never stopped talking about how great it was. We went there for diner a few times (she got a free meal for two every month so it was our "student" treat)and the service and food was ace. Its worth the travel if you can!

Hope this is any help smile

dubbletrubble Sun 30-Aug-09 01:46:20

OMG, totally forgot I posted this in my desperation of trying to find venues! Thanks for your replies. Have decided to go with dinner and drinks informal and take dh away overnight sans enfants! Really appreciate your ops and sorry I never replied sooner.

giraffesCanDanceInTheSunshine Sun 30-Aug-09 07:14:43

Have a good time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now