About to move to Paisley!

(15 Posts)
onelittletreasure Wed 08-Jul-09 13:52:34

Moving to Paisley in next few weeks, with our 18 month old. Never been to Scotland before, and will be returning to the UK after living in Europe, so will be big jump! Anyone got any tips??

weegiemum Wed 08-Jul-09 18:15:32

Wow, that will be a big jump for you! I live in Glasgow and love it here.

My children weren't littles in this part of the country but I am sure there will be people along who know about those sort of things.

We have started having quite regular meet-ups in Glasgow, and its dead easy to get into Glasgow from Paisley by car or on the train. Watch the meet up thread in this section and hopefully we will see you sometime!!

All the best with the move.

onelittletreasure Wed 08-Jul-09 19:15:15

meet-up sounds good. Am fairly new on here too, so will have to trawl around to find that one.

weegiemum Wed 08-Jul-09 20:58:24

In Mumsnet Local - Glasgow look just under this thread and you shoudl see it. We met on Monday so nothing more planned at the moment - it will probably be a couple of weeks at least.

onelittletreasure Thu 09-Jul-09 20:03:22

Great! Thanks!

Anyone got any top nursery tips??

wiggletastic Fri 10-Jul-09 11:18:25

I used to live in Paisley (now in Glasgow) but that was before we had DD so I don't know much about stuff for kids there. As Weegiemum said, Glasgow is really close and there is loads to do with littlies. Check out this website, it has lots of info.

Hope to see you at the next Glasgow meet-up. smile

weegiemum Fri 10-Jul-09 11:27:52

Just remembered - it was the Paisley swimming pool that our kids went to for lessons for a while (couldn't get in closer) and they loved it. Think they do stuff from babies upwards - Paisley Lagoon Centre.

We still go there sometimes as our youngest is old enough to go on the slide there on her own!

onelittletreasure Fri 10-Jul-09 21:29:19

Thanks for the website - really good, and good to hear we can keep up with the swimming (even though DDs current poolside activity is trying to sit on ALL off the loungers, one by one.....)

wiggletastic Sun 12-Jul-09 11:42:36

LOL onelittletreasure, that sounds like a fun thing to do at the pool! smile

<<waves to Weegiemum, I have emailed you smile>>

GiraffesCanRunA10k Sun 12-Jul-09 12:02:02

Hiya, theres a restaurant in Paisley that has a soft play area attached to it and also theres a big soft play centre called the big adventure.

onelittletreasure Fri 17-Jul-09 05:13:05

Aw great - all sounds really good stuff, thanks!! We currently live in Germany in the back of beyond, so really looking forward to getting somewhere with so much to do!

onelittletreasure Mon 20-Jul-09 19:27:17

Is there an adult / evening courses college in Paisley??

KristinaM Mon 20-Jul-09 19:40:21

reid kerr college

university of west of scotland

both in paisley

cardonald college a short bus trip away

MumHadEnough Mon 20-Jul-09 20:12:49

Which area of Paisley are you moving to? My sister lives there so might be able to get you some good advice.

onelittletreasure Wed 22-Jul-09 12:28:08

Thanks for the advice! I don't know what the area of Paisley is called, but the postcode is PA2. Does that help? I fancy doing sth in the evening, provided I can negotiate the time with DH!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now