Anyone for Swimming with the wee ones?

(7 Posts)
RedHairedGirlie Thu 04-Jun-09 15:58:18

Is anyone interested in meeting up to go swimming with the wee ones? DD is 8 weeks old and just had her first immunisation so would like to take her swimming (am assuming its OK to take them swimming with only the first imm. done?). Just a bit daunting going on my own, so if anyone else would like to give it a go. I was thinking of trying Tollcross as thats closed to where I am - I have transport though so could go further a field if anyone has any other recommendations on good pools / facilities.

midnightexpress Thu 04-Jun-09 16:00:15

I thought that Tollcross was shut atm? I might be wrong, but my pal's sons train there and it has definitely been closed for a while. Maybe open again now, but check before you go.

I would say yes, but my two are bigger and it's a 2-man job grin

RedHairedGirlie Thu 04-Jun-09 16:11:37

I phoned earlier and they are open now smile - can imagine needing extra hands trying to get 2 ready for a swim.. think I will struggle with just 1!! hmm..

I am guessing you can buy swimming nappies or something - am sure I have seen them somewhere..

midnightexpress Thu 04-Jun-09 16:24:40

Yes you can. They're called little swimmers or something. They often sell them at the pool if you can't get them in Tescos.

wiggletastic Sun 14-Jun-09 21:43:19

Hi RedHairedGirlie,

I have a 0-3 months swim nappy that I bought for DD but have never got round to using which you can have. I can bring it along to the meet-up on Friday if you want?

I keep meaning to go swimming (well, splashing around) with her but not got round to it yet so maybe we can arrange something on Friday?

See you then. smile

RedHairedGirlie Thu 18-Jun-09 17:16:48

That sounds great wiggletastic - thanks smile, would definitely like the company swimming.. just a nit nervous about going on my own with DD.. hmm

wiggletastic Thu 18-Jun-09 19:17:34

Oh good, I will bring the swim nappy tomorrow, are you still coming along?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now