Where's good to get my toddler's hair cut?

(8 Posts)
Nyx Sat 30-May-09 14:00:14

DD is 3 and has never had a 'proper' haircut; I've trimmed her hair myself and while it's ok, I think it's time she had a haircut. Any recommendations in or around the west end of Glasgow?

NumptyMum Tue 02-Jun-09 21:13:44

Don't know about salons, but I've got a home hairdresser coming around to give me a trim on Mon and I'm told that she'll also trim DSs hair for free. It's a lot cheaper than a salon!

giraffesCantRunA10k Tue 02-Jun-09 21:43:16

Theres one on Dumbarton road Tantrims and tiaras or something that seems to be specifically kiddy, but not tried it. Theres one I really don't reccomend going too - a barber shop on crow road - the girl shouted because little one was afraid of clippers, was not pleasant. Have heard Pinks on crow road is good but not tried it myself. Although there is a dog in pinks most of the time so not good if little one is scared.

Nyx Wed 03-Jun-09 08:46:46

Thanks - Tantrums & Tiaras, you're right, I'm sure I've passed that one before! Actually I took her to the Clip Joint as that's where my long-haired sister gets her hair cut; the girl sat dd on her knee and gave her a trim, they were very nice. It's v.busy in there so plenty for DD to look at.

Lucky you, NumptyMum - I can't see me ever being organised enough to get someone round to cut my hair (plus my house is a mess most days!)

lovelylullaby Mon 29-Jun-09 13:06:35

Nyx, good choice, I take my little one to Clipjoint on Peel Street in partick they are great with little ones and it's less than a fiver.

doggiesayswoof Mon 29-Jun-09 13:10:39

My DD goes to Hair by Hanlon on Gt Western Road (near corner of Byres Rd) - costs a fiver.

magbags Tue 28-Jul-09 20:38:19

I would highly recommend Louise at Alan Edwards in town (Wilson Street). She was fantastic with dd and did exactly what I asked for.

Btw I would avoid Tony and Guy on Great Western Road like the plague, dd's first haircut FAR too short (she was like a wee pixie).shock

Nyx Fri 31-Jul-09 10:56:25

I bet she was a cute wee pixie though grin Hope she wasn't too traumatised by the short cut. I'll bear it in mind for avoiding next time - thanks magbags!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now