Anyone recommend a good removal company in Glasgow?

(11 Posts)
glasjam Tue 09-Dec-08 12:20:45

Hi there - any recommendations from anyone gratefully received - have contacted Careful Movers, Gerards and Classic Removals so far - awaiting quotes. Just moving round the corner but it's happening the week everyone gets back after new year so a bit of a mad time! Any companies I should avoid like the plague too?

prettybird Tue 09-Dec-08 12:24:55

Sorry - not used a mover s the last time we moved, we were just going from a one bedroomed flat to a larger house, plus we had over a month to do it, so we did it bit by bit and then hired a van ourselves frot he last day.

Next move we will definitely also be looking fro recommendations! grin

Aimsmum Tue 09-Dec-08 12:54:03

Message withdrawn

prettybird Tue 09-Dec-08 12:57:58

Hiya Aimsmum! Long time since I've seen you! smile

Aimsmum Tue 09-Dec-08 13:02:02

Message withdrawn

prettybird Tue 09-Dec-08 13:13:58

Rather then hi-jack the thread - have a look at the Edinburgh Christmas night out thread, but the short answers are "not good" and "no" sad

littleramona Tue 09-Dec-08 21:51:49

Hi we used aztec removals, they're based in hillington. They were very good and not too pricey also used them for storage.

glasjam Tue 09-Dec-08 21:58:08

Thanks Aimsmum - we'd prefer the removal firm route because although we haven't got a lot of stuff we'd prefer it if it was them putting their backs out rather than us! I suppose if we had lots of family nearby we could drum up enough muscle but there's only us. Maybe we're just lazy!

reindeercantdancethetango Tue 09-Dec-08 22:07:07

Depends how much stuf you have I guess but can very highly reccomend these guys here used them twice, and would use them again in a flash. punctual, relaiable, take great care. A bit fell off my mirror - now it was always loose anyway I told them this and said not to worry at all as it was a pointless bit at the back, they insisted on getting tools out and fixing it for me so now its better than new.

They moved a large 2 bedroom 4th floor flat for me with great ease. (well they moved the contents not the flat ;) ) Suggests man with a van on website but we said we couldnt help and that was fine he brought two assistants, both very helpful too.

glasjam Wed 14-Jan-09 10:43:50

Just to say we did the house move and ended up using Careful Movers - they were very good and I managed to negotiate down their initial price.

glasjam Thu 02-Jul-09 22:38:57

Back after having moved AGAIN yesterday. This time used Home Run as recommended by ReindeerCDTT - poor guys moved us in the boiling heat and did a brilliant job! We had a LOT of stuff too (3 bed semi's worth and some!) Didn't use them back in January because I thought that it might be too much for them - could have saved myself a few quid. Hopefully I won't be sampling any other Glasgow removal firms for quite some time now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now