Cat!

(9 Posts)
CityorTheBurbs Sat 18-Feb-17 16:23:27

We are thinking of getting a cat but aren't sure where to look.
Our visits to the SPCA centres have been unsuccessful - cats there were all looking for homes without young kids.
We are considering both kittens and older cats...

RebelRogue Sat 18-Feb-17 16:34:18

Is there a NAWT near you? That's where we got rebelcat from. You can look online and set criteria by age,if ok to rehome with kids etc.

PosiePootlePerkins Sat 18-Feb-17 16:36:17

Have you posted on the MN litter tray forum? Lots of good advice on there. Also the website catchat has lists of local recues.

PosiePootlePerkins Sat 18-Feb-17 16:36:47

*rescues

CityorTheBurbs Sat 18-Feb-17 18:07:44

Very new to this - will try the litter tray forum.
Looks like the NAWT has no Scottish centre...

CeeCee00 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:55:21

Hi city...we're in the same boat as you so I'm following this with interest. Apparently there's a organisation called Catflaps that's been recommended to us. Do keep us updated!

CityorTheBurbs Sat 18-Feb-17 20:13:26

will do!
Cats protection have just replied via FB - no kittens available, and all cats are not looking for homes with young kids.
Have looked at CatFlap and contacted them!

Also saw a few adverts on gumtree... but these look quite dodgy, no?

CeeCee00 Sun 19-Feb-17 00:33:10

I think so...we were really up for getting a kitten but I've been majorly put off by the idea that it encourages awful breeding for cash. Rehoming definitely seems like the best but no one wants you if you have an under 5!

Penguinthings Sun 19-Feb-17 14:49:49

You could try cat concern www.catconcern.co.uk/
I believe they have some young cats at the moment

We got ours off gumtree actually - someone's cat had got pregnant accidentally and they had no clue what to do with the kittens. We knew what we were getting into and made sure we did all their worming etc ourselves. I think as long as you visit and see mum/kittens/environment it's OK. Much better to rehome strays IMO though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now