South side nursery

(21 Posts)
Micheller1234 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:12:10

Hi I'm looking to put my 11 month old daughter into a nursery in south side of Glasgow, i live next to Hampden park so anywere local to this would be good, I'm very fussy want somewere really good, thanks in advance x

TheDuckSaysMoo Wed 04-Jan-17 20:40:49

I have used Heathdene for the last 8 years and am very happy with it. I hear Hide n seek is good too.

MintChocAddict Wed 04-Jan-17 21:27:08

Cosmic coppers Merylee has a good reputation

MintChocAddict Wed 04-Jan-17 21:29:25

Cosmic coppers Merylee has a good reputation

MintChocAddict Wed 04-Jan-17 21:29:27

Cosmic Coppers Merrylee has a good reputation.

MintChocAddict Wed 04-Jan-17 21:29:28

Cosmic Coppers Merrylee has a good reputation.

theshooglypeg Wed 04-Jan-17 22:23:33

We use Hyde n Seek Prospecthill, it's very good.

MintChocAddict Wed 04-Jan-17 22:42:59

WTF grin

I don't work for them despite my repeated endorsement grin

SoloDisco Thu 05-Jan-17 00:01:20

Cosmic coppers is BRILLIANT. I too was very fussy about where we chose & feel really happy we found it. Lovely staff & the manager is fab & on the ball - runs a very tight ship.

AerodactylsAssemble Sun 08-Jan-17 21:43:47

Cosmic coppers do have an excellent reputation. When I called them to enquire about a place for my baby in Jan 2017 the lady I spoke to actually (no joke) laughed at me and said they weren't taking any babies till the July 2017. I made that call in May 2016 so prob won't be taking babies in 2017 at all now. They also don't do the council preschool funded placements so assuming it stays the same, if you want to take advantage of this when child turns 3 you'll need to change nursery.

We chose Sinclair Nursery in Battlefield instead, going well so far.

Bwith3 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:40:36

Hi all so this is my first time on mumsnet (so dont know how it works or how I check for messages either).

My family and I live in London (3 year old, 15 month old and I'm 6 months pregs)... We are moving up to Glasgow in March. I really need help to decide which area to live in (prob south side, but dont know what that means), and need to find a nursery for my son, I'm very fussy too.

Please help with any advice (I dont even know if I've messaged in the right area)shock

MintChocAddict Fri 13-Jan-17 18:38:15

Need to type and run Bwith3 as am heading out but if you've not already done so I'd put this post on Scotsnet. Way more traffic there to advise you about property, nursery/ school provision etc.
If you look in the chat section and then in 'other stuff' you'll find Scotsnet.

Bwith3 Fri 13-Jan-17 19:31:23

Mintchoc- is Scotsnet part of mumsnet or is that a whole different forum place

MintChocAddict Fri 13-Jan-17 21:58:04

Yes, part of Mumsnet. Just a section to discuss/debate Scottish stuff. smile

MintChocAddict Fri 13-Jan-17 21:59:45

Just don't ask about baby boxes... wink

Bwith3 Sat 14-Jan-17 00:24:51

Lol what's baby boxes?

Larasma Sat 14-Jan-17 13:27:32

I know people who like Sinclair Drive but I had a bad vibe.

We chose little Einstein's in Pollokshields and absolutely love it.

Other OP - southside is where it's at!

mamaheartcake Sat 14-Jan-17 20:24:42

@bewith3 the Scottish government is giving every baby regardless of parents income a starter box, its a finish initiative the box can be used as a mosses basket and there are some baby clothes and few other things to get started with.

We use a child minder in kingspark and the children there go to Ardnahoe council nursery. Fantastic nursey you can see them on twitter.

Bwith3 Mon 16-Jan-17 15:20:52

Thanks for that ladies, most recommendations seems to be about polokshields area (west)

SouthsideMummy Tue 17-Jan-17 12:05:41

Highly recommend Sinclair Drive. Small, caring, tight staff group who go the extra mile. Excellent teacher overseeing the preschoolers. Partnership with council so you get funded sessions for over 3s.

raviolidreaming Thu 26-Jan-17 12:37:27

When I called them to enquire about a place for my baby in Jan 2017 the lady I spoke to actually (no joke) laughed at me

I tried for a full time place with Cosmic Coppers 14 months in advance, to be told they would likely only be able to offer 4 days and usually recommend people get on the waiting list after the 12 week scan! Not that it mattered - I'm not organised enough for a nursery where you have to send in lunch and snacks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now