Need advice about things to do with a visiting 2 year old in Glasgow.

(5 Posts)
Fifo4 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:38:58

Hi,
This is my first time to post on this site and I'm looking for suggestions to help my brother who has his ex partner and son visiting from Hong Kong for a few weeks.
His son is only 2 years and 4 months old and is timid and used to mostly Chinese food, culture and language.
We are trying to find out if there are any parenting groups on at the moment in the west end of Glasgow and other activities which would be suitable.
Appreciate any suggestions at all, thanks.

MadameCumberbatchio Sun 18-Dec-16 20:57:18

Most groups disband for Christmas. Although there are plenty of soft play facilities around.

The best Chinese restaurant that i know of is Loon Fung in Sauchiehall St, your brother will surely be aware of the chinese supermarket in Maryhill etc.

RE: Things to do with children, all of the Christmas markets are on, there is numerous child friendly museums in Glasgow and plenty of lovely country parks to explore.

lolaisashowgirl Sun 18-Dec-16 23:06:46

The riverside museum is free and very good lots of cars and trains plus the tall ship outside, the science centre is good but expensive and wonder world soft play isn't too far away. George square has a lovely carousel and helter skelter and plenty of santas around. You will find that most groups are off for Christmas.

Chocolateporridge Sun 18-Dec-16 23:10:58

My children, one of whom is just turned two, absolutely love the ground floor of Kelvingrove gallery! There's loads for children to see and do. We love Victoria Park too and always end up making friends with other children while we're there.

Fifo4 Mon 19-Dec-16 12:24:30

Thank you all so much for all this wonderful advice and suggestions. I will pass them on to my brother and hopefully it will give him some ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now