Glasgow primary schools, Glendale, Shawlands or Langside?

(4 Posts)
TheFullMinty Tue 18-Aug-15 21:35:02

Hi all,

We are moving to Glasgow very soon and will be in the southside area.

We've a 7 year old boy to find a school place for. I've been told that Pollocksheilds primary isn't all that great so was hoping to put in a placement request for either Glendale, Shawlands or Langside. However I haven't been able to find much info on these schools and as I can only look round once I have a place and can only apply for one at a time I was hoping someone might be able to give me some insights!

Anyone have any experiences of any of these? Any knowledge at all would be really appreciated so I can try to make some sort of decision as to which to go for.

Thank you

prettybird Sat 26-Sep-15 17:47:40

Hi there. I had typed a big long reply but it must have been at about the time of all the MN Hacking problems and it got "swallowed" hmm

If this is not too late: in sort, any one of the the three schools should be OK. I have personal experience of Glendale and ds was very happy there. However, you might struggle to get in, as it is not able to accept all placing requests any more (although it's moving into a new school in December, so might have more room then).

We put in a placing request for Shawlands Academy and he is now in S4 there, doing really well. He says he had a good foundation at Glendale.

OnaK Sat 26-Sep-15 18:30:11

I have no experience of Glendale. I know a few people that have kids at Shawlands and they are very happy there, I also know a lot of people that live in the Shawlands catchment area but put in placing requests for Langside.I guess it is down to personal preference. Mine went to Langside and I would recommend it. Not sure if I have helped any :/

nicola2401 Fri 30-Oct-15 16:25:17

Hi I am also in the South Side and was wondering if anyone was aware of any childminders that do the school run to St. fillan's primary school?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now