meet-up for autistic kids in glasgow

(5 Posts)
vattelappesca Wed 15-Jul-15 22:19:37

Hi, my son is five and a half years old and diagnosed autistic, albeit "high functioning". I know of a lot of autistic kids around where we live, yet I cannot find any play groups, clubs, meeting places for after school or holiday time.
Maybe I need to start my own "club" for my son, who is very sociable and would love to meet new friends who won't necessarily think him "weird".
We live in the Kingspark area, if anyone is interested, we could arrange play-dates in parks or soft play areas, museums, whatever takes our fancy!

GCCPrimary1 Thu 16-Jul-15 15:21:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

prettybird Thu 16-Jul-15 17:54:50

Don't think it runs over the summer, but Cartha QP Rugby Club runs a session for Autistic and ASD kids from 5 upwards on a Sunday from (I think) c12-1. It's on Dumbreck Toad just beside J1 of the M77.

Some of the kids progress on to playing with the "mainstream" Micros, Minis and Midis Rugby (which is straight afterwards).

The coach who runs the ASD session has an autistic kid of his own (now grown up) but the coaches across the age groups are generally good with ASD kids.

There is one lamppost that is known as "X's name" lamppost as he used to know to go there when he had meltdowns grin

vattelappesca Mon 20-Jul-15 14:13:56

Thanks for all your replies. I have found a club at Pollok Community Centre, it doesn't run during the summer, but I'll try that once the school starts, as it's closer to us, they also do karate classes for ASD kids.

donnawill34 Sat 08-Aug-15 07:24:51

Hi. I have two boys who are on the autistic spectrum. I would love to meet up. Nice to meet other mums for support x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now