Afterschool care in West End?

(4 Posts)
Monstermuncher Wed 15-Jul-15 12:12:53

Hi - just wondering what working parents do about childcare after school finishes if you don't have family help?
The afterschool club at Hillhead Primary is massively oversubscribed and has a huge waiting list. I know a couple of parents who hire students from Glasgow Uni to collect their children from school and entertain them for a couple of hours in their own home, but I don't really like this option for a number of reasons and it seems very difficult to get a proper registered childminder just for these few hours per day.
How on earth do you do it if you work full time? I really want to go back to work but this is a real barrier and would welcome any thoughts/ideas from others in a similar situation.

Julia123456 Tue 15-Sep-15 22:04:01

Hi

Im thinking of setting up an afterschool club in Hillhead with two colleagues im trying to guage demand for this service in the area ?

J

jodiewebster Tue 22-Sep-15 11:17:18

yeah this is a problem for me too - would be interested in any options that are available??

medbourne Mon 07-Dec-15 10:03:19

I'm also struggling and Karemore have closed their waiting list, totally over-subscribed. if anyone wants to share a childminder (G12) I would be up for that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now