Primary schools in Glasgow

(14 Posts)
anapavao Wed 22-Apr-15 13:06:23

Hi!!

I am moving to Glasgow and I have an eight-year daughter.
I don't have any preferences for regions yet, and that's why I would like some advices of good schools around the city.

Also I would like to know if in Scotland the teaching method can vary between schools, or if it's the same in all of the public ones.

I'd appreciate any tip or information.
Thanks!

smyt Fri 24-Apr-15 22:59:58

Hi,

What area are you moving to? lots of good schools in South lanarkshire, East Renfrewshire. It all depends what catchment area you're in. All Glasgow schools follow the same curiculum, although all teacher have their own teaching method even within the same school.

wecanbeheroes Fri 24-Apr-15 23:01:00

I think the teaching method is pretty standard, unless you go private.

My dd is at Hillhead, but it is very popular now so you'll definitely need to be in the catchment area to get a place. Hyndland, Broomhill and Scotstoun are also supposed to be good and Dunard is now popular too.

Don't know about other areas, although I suspect those in Bearsden or Clarkston will be good too.

crazycatlady82 Fri 24-Apr-15 23:08:33

That's good, pregnant and live in hillhead - phew smile

wecanbeheroes Fri 24-Apr-15 23:20:46

smile - yep, you can't move now for 5 years!

Check the catchment boundaries now. They are very tight.

OP - forgot Notre Dame - also popular

crazycatlady82 Sat 25-Apr-15 09:07:25

I hope I am in the catchment. I am literally just over the hill towards Byres Road and I love my wee flat. I don't ever want to leave smile

I also think this area is fab with everything you could possibly need on your doorstep smile

xx

anapavao Mon 11-May-15 17:59:53

Hi!!! I'm not know what area yet... I can at first in any area... So I would like to know the possibilities....

(sorry for the english.... I am learning yet)

kirkygal Mon 11-May-15 19:48:23

in kirkintilloch in east dun there is a great primary which has just been totally re-built beside the canal. Its called lairdsland, and is a feeder to Lenzie Academy which gets good results. Not actually in Glasgow but train from Lenzie into city centre takes 10 mins

Oncemore123 Tue 12-May-15 21:59:02

I'm also possibly moving this summer to Hillhead catchment with a 9 year old ( going into P6).

Does anyone know what schools are allocated if Hillhead is full, as likely it is?

Oncemore123 Thu 28-May-15 17:13:31

Does anyone have any experience of Hyndland, Hillhead or kelvindale primaries ?

ladybumpsg Thu 28-May-15 23:06:01

My children (p3 and p7) are both at Kelvindale and are very happy there and doing really well.

Oncemore123 Thu 28-May-15 23:49:10

Thanks

wecanbeheroes Sat 30-May-15 02:15:39

Hillhead is very good, although overcrowded. Also, most of the kids are quite confident so probably not so suited to shy retiring types

lyn9185 Sat 06-Jun-15 20:20:27

Bankhead Primary in Rutherglen is fab...xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now