Moving from Dubai to Glasgow

(1 Post)
gapinheiro Sun 09-Nov-14 17:31:31

We had been to Scotland recently and just fell in love with Scotland and Glasgow. We are now planning to settle permanently in Glasgow. I are currently living in Dubai and plan to move to Glasgow beginning next academic, i.e Aug 2015. I have 2 DD's both schooling in National Curriculum of England affiliated schools. Elder is in grade 11 (IGSCE) and younger in grade 9. We are EU residents but living in Middle East. We do not have residence in Glasgow but plan to rent one to give head start before buying permanent home.
What to know the following:
Will there be any challenges to get admission in schools due to the fact they will be in S6 and S4 coming academic year?
Which of of these areas Renfrewshire/Giffnock/Newton Mearns/Bishopbriggs are ideal for secondary schooling?
Are christian denomination school better then public school?
Is it compulsory to to have permanent residency or rented house is fine for getting school admission in a given catchment area?
Is it compulsory to have bank account as I don't have employment but will use my saving to finance my stay until I find job.
I would appreciate some advice. Thank you very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now