Anybody fancy a book club in the west end?

(13 Posts)
Wabberjocky Mon 06-Oct-14 08:01:59

Hey, as the weathers turning wild, I was wondering if anybody fancies joining a book club based in the west end.....I'd like to set one up, maybe in the afternoons? I know the owner of a pub that is very accommodating to kids etc and provides toys etc for them.....or else in the evening (harder I know!)

GlasgowGurl Tue 07-Oct-14 18:32:08

Hi! I would be interested in a book group. But I will be going back to work soon and may not be able to continue with the afternoon meetings. Do you have a book in mind?

Wabberjocky Wed 08-Oct-14 07:50:21

Well, I thought we could all choose one together? Possibly starting with a selection of short stories which won some recent awards.....

I set up one before when loving abroad, it took off with a bang, but sadly was infiltrated by young American lovers of chick lit so my involvement fizzled out!

I like meaty decent literature, with some historical setting....last book I read was a fine balance by Rohan mistry.

I can do either afternoons or evenings. My kids are poor sleepers though and husband works long hours so in general, afternoons are easier. Anyway, brain turning to mush with all these mother n toddler groups!

Wabberjocky Wed 08-Oct-14 07:59:58

It's the bbc short story awards.....I cant c n p the link for some reason

Weegiemummy Wed 08-Oct-14 08:03:04

I'm Southside (waaaay South!) but could possibly do afternoons, my dc are at school in the west end, I'd need to be home 4-5 or so, depending on day.

MadameCumberbatchio Fri 10-Oct-14 10:32:22

I'm Southside too, don't drive so probably couldn't make it.

Will follow on here though smile

Weegiemummy Fri 10-Oct-14 13:25:55

Suppose we could organise a Southside thang?

MadameCumberbatchio Fri 10-Oct-14 21:53:24

What about a centralised book club type thread and have south side/ west endy/ north/ east groups in pubs etc and try and do one or two big whole group things a year?

Potentially/theoretically. Shall we post on main board and direct them over?

I am reading a book of short stories by Southside Author Kirsty Logan at the moment. Tis vair good.

trickie1 Sun 12-Oct-14 18:20:50

Hi I would love to join a book club. I am in the South side too and afternoons would be very difficult for me as working. Evenings/nights if I have a bit of notice are good for me.

I haven't read a novel for a while which is why I am looking for a book club. A timescale for reading is what I need!

trickie1 Sun 12-Oct-14 18:38:51

Just noticed I replied that I am in the Southside yet your title said the West end. I drive so could drive to any meet up's in pubs etc.

Turracoo Sun 16-Nov-14 21:08:40

Hi there,
I'm a bit late to this but I live in west end and am definitely up for a book group. Have an 18-month old so afternoon in pub with toys good for me.

janeBoyle Thu 20-Nov-14 12:01:51

Hi,

Just moved to the west end - would love to get involved in a book group.

Currently reading the The Fault in our Stars but like all sorts of stories smile

spiderbabymum Fri 26-Dec-14 12:58:34

Count me in ...but I'm in inverclyde

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now