Meet up on 11 March at the Tramway

(9 Posts)
prettybird Tue 04-Mar-14 11:42:41

There is a Mumsnet meeting (combined with the Mumsnet Scottish Blanketeers/Woolly Huggers getting together) planned at the Tramway (one 7 minute stop out from Glasgow Central and then a 2 minute walk: 25 Albert Drive, Pollokshields) on Tuesday 11 March from about 11 to about 3. There will be cake and brew.... and knitting/crocheting is NOT compulsory - most of us will spend time just nattering.

Although I don't have a young child any more (ds is 13 now), I know that the Tramway is very child friendly and any babies brought along will probably be commandeered (....mother permitting of course!) for cuddles!

It would be nice to meet more of the Glaswegian MNers. I'll try and find my Mumsnet ambassador card and put that on the table so that yuo don't need to go up to random strangers and see their confused face when you ask them if they're a Mumsnetter. If not, look for some wool! smile

MintChocAddict Tue 04-Mar-14 21:53:26

Did you not all spot Frankie Boyle at a previous Glaswegian meet up? I was MN during my lunch hour and I remember posting on a thread with a blurry photograph as evidence.
See if you can get another famous (or infamous) wink spot this time around.

prettybird Tue 04-Mar-14 22:15:15

We did indeed! grin

We've also seen Matthew Bourne and some of his dancers as they were rehearsing there. smile

not so sure about seeing teeny tiny ballet dancers while scoffing cake blush

prettybird Tue 04-Mar-14 22:18:36

I'll organise another Saturday meet-up later in the year: March was particularly bad for me with every weekend taken up with cycling and/or rugby events that I need to take ds to hmm

MintChocAddict Tue 04-Mar-14 22:26:14

The teeny tiny hungry ballet dancers don't know what they're missing. cake cake
Will look out for a famous thread then since it's an arty type hang out!
If you happen to see Ewan McGregor post quickly and I'll feign illness at work and dash along. wink
Enjoy.

LocalEditorGlasgow Sat 08-Mar-14 20:03:23

Just giving this a bump!

prettybird Mon 10-Mar-14 07:46:09

Looking forward to seeing/meeting some old and new friends smile

prettybird Tue 11-Mar-14 14:12:53

....there was indeed cake cake

Only three of us but we still had a nice natter. smile

LocalEditorGlasgow Tue 11-Mar-14 21:40:10

Glad it went well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now