hello

(13 Posts)
terriforbes24 Thu 20-Feb-14 15:06:07

My name is Terri, i've got a 8 month old daughter. Looking to meet other mums to meet up for wee coffee and play dates for the kiddies. I'm from the southside of Glasgow but can drive so willing to travel.

Larasma Thu 20-Feb-14 15:28:03

Hey Terri

I have a 6 month old and am in Pollokshields. Feel free to pm me

I'm loving the SS - so much going on.

terriforbes24 Thu 20-Feb-14 15:43:34

Hi I sent you a wee pm smile hope u get it ok x

prettybird Thu 20-Feb-14 17:29:10

I'm also on the Southside and, as the South Side Local Mumsnet Ambassador organise relatively regular meet-ups, usually combined with Mumsnet Woolly Hugs meet-ups.

Join the Local Meet-ups group and you'll get notified autmatically about the next meet-up.

I'm just in the process of deciding a date and venue - may well be the Tramway again, but we've also done a few at the Burrell.

LocalEditorGlasgow Wed 26-Feb-14 22:16:56

Hi Terri, welcome to Glasgow! As well as the great responses you've already had, there is loads going on for parents in the south side - check out the Things to Do section for ideas!

prettybird Wed 26-Feb-14 22:53:22

Haven't posted it up yet (on iPod at moment so difficult to do) but am planning on a meeting at the Tramway (cakes and coffee! smile) on 11 March, probably from about 10.30/11. There's a few of the Scottish Mumsnet Woolly Huggers who'll be there (so there may be some crochet and knitting) but we often just eat cake grin

c4nnelle Thu 27-Feb-14 13:57:37

Hi . I also have a 6 months old son and live in the South side ( Battlefield).
I would love to meet up with other mums. Brigitte

prettybird Thu 27-Feb-14 15:25:48

Next Southside meeting of Mumsnetters (combined with the MN Scottish Blanketeers getting together) will be at the Tramway (one 7 minute stop out from Glasgow Central and then a 2 minute walk) on Tuesday 11 March from c.11. There will be cake.... and knitting/crocheting is not compulsory - most of us will spend time just nattering smile.

Although I don't have a young child any more, I know that the Tramway is very child friendly and any babies brought along will probably be commandeered (....mother permitting of course!wink) for cuddles grin!

LocalEditorGlasgow Thu 27-Feb-14 23:15:08

Great stuff pretty bird, I will get that up on the Mumsnet Glasgow Twitter and Facebook pages! Will you start a new thread about the meet up?

ExForcesSweetheart Fri 28-Feb-14 09:48:32

If you're on Facebook there's a great wee group called Mummy Meet Up Glasgow. Most of the mums are Southside based, although there's the odd eastender like myself.

terriforbes24 Fri 21-Mar-14 19:18:30

I just seen everyone's comments. Yeah I joined the mummy meet up smile thanks xx

ElasticaBungees Sat 22-Mar-14 02:42:00

Hi, I'm moving to Bearsden in a couple of weeks from the US. Not south side but can I gate crash any meet ups?

LocalEditorGlasgow Sun 23-Mar-14 21:44:41

Hi ElasticaBungee, welcome (in advance) to Glasgow! We don't currently have anyone organising meet ups in the Bearsden area, but you could always sign up to do it yourself! We need Local Ambassadors in the area: here's all the info. http://local.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_glasgow_mumsnet_stuff/2022836-Want-to-meet-more-mums-and-probably-eat-more-cake

Good luck with the move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now