Merrylee Primary vs Langside primary vs Battlefield Primary

(7 Posts)
Snappyteabread Thu 24-Oct-13 21:51:45

What is the word on the street about these 3 schools? Which has the best/worst reputation and why? Are any particularly oversubscribed? Just thinking ahead And would love to know what the local feeling as and what experiences people have had. Have tried to put feelers out at nursery, but not heard much.

Vonstance Fri 25-Oct-13 21:28:16

Have you read the HMIE reports?

I've heard really positive things about Merrylee Primary. I went to Battlefield but that was 1986-1992 so unlikely that my opinion will carry weight ;) Langside makes me anxious purely because of how busy that road is but other than that I have no opinion.

Which is your catchment school, OP?

Snappyteabread Tue 05-Nov-13 22:54:07

I think it's Merrylee, but I need to check the council site to see.

tacal Tue 31-Dec-13 10:46:46

Langside is good. I have heard good things about Battlefield. Is Merrylee the one that was newly built a few years ago? If so I have heard really good reports about that too. Sorry, not much help.

Snappyteabread Thu 02-Jan-14 22:58:51

Yes merrylee is the new one near the flats at Merrylee, just next to the tennis club.

tacal Sun 05-Jan-14 11:36:51

You are probably best to visit the schools. They are probably all quite different so best to see them and speak to the teachers. Most schools have an open day once a year.

lalabell Wed 12-Feb-14 10:32:30

DD1 is starting at langside this year and there is lots from nursery putting placement in. Seems langside and battlefield have the best reputation in Southside so when we found we were in langside catchment we wentwwith that.
I agree that a visit will help, good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now