Glasgow West End - Hairdresser Recommendation

(74 Posts)
siorf Tue 13-Mar-12 17:21:18

Hi
Being new to Glasgow, and to the West End, I am in dire need of a new haircut and great hairdresser. Looking for something fresh - and a cut thats easy but stylish. Any suggestions please as I have had WAY too many bad haircuts in my day and really need to get my mojo back!
Thanks
S

Chocolateporridge Tue 11-Oct-16 21:20:20

I absolutely love Rainbow Room on Crow Road, they're all lovely and not too snooty and the head massage before the haircut is fantastic! You can also book online and get a discount wink

SweetLoretta Tue 11-Oct-16 21:15:26

Yeah I've used West End Hair before. I used to go quite regularly and Maggie always cut my hair. She's moved up the road to Gosh beside Kelvinbridge so I go there now. She's fab smile

meharggemma Sun 24-Jul-16 13:47:58

I did. Had a very lovely lady but doesn't rally listen to what you want as her own ideas. Can't comment on other stylists. Manager is a bit of an a*%# from what I can gather.

glasgowmistybluegirl Sat 07-May-16 11:51:41

Wondered if anyone has tried West End Hair on Great Western Road - thinking of booking full-head highlights. Any reviews would be very welcome x

Back1695 Mon 23-Nov-15 12:30:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Back1695 Mon 23-Nov-15 12:21:39

MadameCumberbatchio Thu 08-Oct-15 23:43:47

I just started using Ashleigh at Style (just opened) on Dowanhill St.

It's still being fitted out so looks pretty basic- theyve not long opened but she was recommended because she uses all vegan, organic dyes and hair care products.

My hair feels great and she's managed to get a colour that I didn't think was possible in a non-chemical dye (a nice ashy blonde.) Very happy and will return.

DeDeBaby Sun 04-Oct-15 20:52:49

I only ever use organic products on my hair. I been going to Gosh on Grt Western Road for last couple of years now and get my hair done by Maggie. She's a wee star and its Organic Colour System (I think) that she uses. It's brilliant.

jodiewebster Tue 22-Sep-15 11:24:50

Hi all, looking for some help on organic hair care recommendations in Glasgow (preferably West end)?

Have used Aveda in the past, but would be happy to try new products - are there any pro organic hairdressers out there???

Thanks smile

Momagain1 Sat 11-Apr-15 12:02:58

Caroline that was at the Rainbow Room left. They vaguely told me she was still working in the area, but wouldnt/couldnt say where. If anyone finds her, report in. I have switched to a place near between Peckham and Rye and Hyndland Post Ofice. they have been great at color, but we cant seem to communicate about the cut. I would go back to Caroline in a heartbeat, was very happy with her for a year, from the first cut (when I showed up with filthy hair because our boiler kept going out and I just needed a wash but the place I had been going was closed.)

In the meantime, I will try calling Byres and Birrell. Or go back to Hair by Hanlon. I wasnt overly impressed, but not actually unhappy.

MrsTeuch Wed 08-Apr-15 21:58:34

Anyone looking for a great cut and colour can't go wrong with Aimee at Cresswell & Co in Cresswell Lane, just off Byres Road. I love the way Aimee does my colour, always discussing new ideas and colours with me - I often get asked where I get my hair done. Aimee has actually been doing my hair for about 5 years, I followed her to Cresswell from her old salon. All the staff at Cresswell are very friendly and accommodating and there is a nice atmosphere in the salon. I drive almost 2 hours from Argyll to get my haircut! - they always do their best to fit you in. Definitely worth a visit!

Littleone25 Tue 07-Apr-15 19:25:08

Ashley bitters hair on Dumbarton road. She trained in rainbow rooms and I love her cuts. I first went to her in her old shop wen I first moved to anniesland then found out she lives at the end of the street from me! X

LuckyLady9 Wed 21-Jan-15 20:54:33

OK girls better late than never, I said I would get back to you. I ended up going to Gosh! and getting my cut and coloured by Maggie. I love it smile

LuckyLady9 Sun 07-Dec-14 20:14:59

Hi i'm looking to have my hair cut and i've narrowed it down to my 3 closest salons mentioned on this thread. Which is v helpful i must add. Fingers crossed as i've had a few bad experiences in the past with hairdressers hacking my hair!! I will you all know how i get on. Also in desperately of a good beauty therapist does anyone have any recommendations?

janeBoyle Thu 04-Dec-14 11:03:04

I’ve been to a few of the hairdressers mentioned on this thread and I have to agree with some of the comments about awful customer service at some the so called ‘trendy’ salons angry(I don’t want to say which ones!)
But I must say that my favourite hairdresser in the West End is Maggie at Gosh! It’s quite a new salon but I think it used to be called Urban West (?). I’ve used Maggie from when she worked at Toni & Guy. She is a miracle worker for me and my family. I really like the salon too. It’s easy to get to (next to kelvinbridge subway) and the staff are super friendly and always on hand with a complimentary glass of vino if required (when is it not grin wink)

SuziePinkapples Thu 04-Dec-14 00:23:02

Hey Ladies! I would like to recommend all you 'westenders' to go see Jo at Westend Hair. She is just great! I've been going to see her for the past year or so and have recommended all my friends to go too. My friends and I are all really happy with our hair. She is a lovely girl with a hilarious sense of humour and is very gentle (which isn't common). It seems she is dab hand at everything, as she does my hair (long, with very blonde highlights), my 8 year old sons and my husband (who she seems to have made even more handsome). I used to hate the hairdressers and really struggled to find someone who didn't just treat me like I was wasting their time. So yeah when you find something good I think it is good to share smile

Magstar83 Wed 08-Oct-14 08:09:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GlasgowGurl Tue 07-Oct-14 21:28:35

Wow. I had jotted down this salon from the threads; and this makes me cross it off. Thank you!

GlasgowGurl Tue 07-Oct-14 21:25:32

Hello all:
Was combing (no pun intended) through this thread as I need a good career haircut. I have rather long hair; and I love it long; but I need to crop it as I want to go back into my old field of financial work. sad

I do not want a "mom bob". I would also like some low lights as I am too light after summer; my hair is actually tray but I have it "water coloured" blonde.

So, if anyone has anything else to add; I am in the West End.
Thanks!

megmcguire Wed 17-Sep-14 23:51:40

I can't believe the experience you've had with Cresswells! I have been a client for a number of years and they've always treated me with the upmost respect. I've always had FANTASTIC haircuts here from all the girls - so much so that i'd never go anywhere else now! My hair is my pride and joy and they make me feel like a million dollars when i'm there! And as for you calling Greg "intimidating" I am shocked! He's a truly wonderful hairdresser of whom i've never heard a bad word said! I truly hope this one bad experience you've had with this salon doesn't affect others opinions.

prettybird Tue 16-Sep-14 15:49:55

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Cresswell &Co sad

I've always been extremely happy with the cut (and colours) that I get done there (by Greg - although he doesn't do the colour himself) and have had loads of compliments (both when I had long hair and more recently when I had it cut shorter) about the cuts and the colour.

bobabo Tue 16-Sep-14 09:13:20

Laura I hope you find a way to style your hair while that grows out. That's awful treatment to receive. I hope you didn't pay.

Carolann1962 Mon 15-Sep-14 22:56:41

Just had a fabulous haircut and colour in Glasgow West End.
Creswell & Co came highly recommended & I thought I'd treat myself .the staff were friendly and the stylist Greg was charming, he advised me on the right colour and I have the best cut ever.
The salon is beautiful & the great value for money.
Well worth a visit

lauram87 Tue 09-Sep-14 14:21:09

Magstar83 Tue 12-Aug-14 21:15:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now