Anyone know a good carpet company?

(9 Posts)
NormanTebbit Sat 13-Aug-11 14:14:20

under duress from our downstairs neighbour we are having to carpet our lovely stripped floorboards in our hallway. Behar Maryhill Road quoted us £870 which is a bit steep, I reckon.

Does anyone know a good, preferably independent carpet company?

KristinaM Sat 13-Aug-11 14:34:31

Why not fit a rug and runner to reduce the noise but not cover your lovely floorboards?

tyrrells

Carpet studio in muirend

carpet appeal in netherlee

are all independent family businesses

NormanTebbit Sat 13-Aug-11 14:37:57

I thought about a runner, was unsure whether it would cut the noise - it's a kind of booming sound as the kids run up and down- I think the poor guy is scared his ceiling will come down .

Thanks for those links, I will investigate.

bethelbeth Sun 14-Aug-11 18:14:02

Carpet Clearance in Kilburnie 01505 632584 .

Not exactly local but they came and did our house - the name is misleading as it was all brand new gorgeous carpet. Best workmen I've ever had to deal with and they were the cheapest and the quickest quote.

Don't think they have a website but as far as I know- you tell them what you would like and they will source it

Good luck!

lizziebennet Tue 16-Aug-11 11:46:00

Spruce Carpets are a social enterprise that sell recycled carpets:

http://www.sprucecarpets.org.uk/

They have a shop in Shawlands.

NormanTebbit Tue 16-Aug-11 12:03:06

Thanks for those links guys

prettybird Wed 17-Aug-11 12:24:14

Ooh er, lizziebennet - I'll have to tell my dh that you mentioned them. Have you used them?

lizziebennet Wed 17-Aug-11 13:13:32

Not yet prettybird, but we're about to move house, so are planning to use them to get the upstairs carpeted.

prettybird Wed 17-Aug-11 13:24:59

He'll be pleased to hear that. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now