Hillhead P1s

(19 Posts)
timbuktutu Mon 08-Aug-11 11:15:14

Hello!
Just wondering if anybody has a child starting Hillhead this year and fancied meeting up sometime this week or next? My dd is going to be in 1D - we were away for the induction day and she (and I) would love to meet up in maybe the botanics or kelvingrove with anyone else also starting.
cheers x

kirmcc Mon 08-Aug-11 11:55:34

i would be up for that, ds is starting p1 and dd will be going into p4 - think ds might be in 1d -is it bad that i can't remember? who's the teacher in that class? his teacher is a mrs p?

would be free next week on tuesday (well will have to go collect uniform-at least i think thats when we have to... ) and seeing as they have an extra two days, will be free wednesday and thurday aswell

suzikettles Mon 08-Aug-11 17:00:56

Hello! I'd be up for that. I'm free most of next week except Wednesday afternoon (and the picking up of uniform time - must dig out the letter, I think it was Tues or Wed?)

Ds is in 1b.

Are we meant to know what time they're starting on the Friday morning yet? I remember they said at the induction session that there would be a letter about a staggered start time but we've not had anything unless it arrived today.

timbuktutu Mon 08-Aug-11 21:32:29

Hi, we're good for either tuesday or wednesday. Not got uniform to pick up as missed the deadline, so not sure when that is but we're easy - could meet in kelvingrove as that's near the school.
I think it is Mrs P that 1d have.
suzikettles - we got a letter, I think last week, saying on Fri it is 0915-12 and then up until 2nd sept will be 0900-1215, full days after that.

Shall we make it tuesday afternoon - if that fits in with uniform thing?

suzikettles Mon 08-Aug-11 21:38:33

Tuesday afternoon will be good with us - what about the cafe at the end of the park? Or do you mean the museum?

Was there anything else in the let

suzikettles Mon 08-Aug-11 21:40:46

oops!

That should have read "was there anything else in the letter I should know about?"

We went along to see the afterschool club today and apparently some parents weren't aware that the school wasn't opening next Wednesday. I wonder if anyone will think to put a note up on the gate...?

timbuktutu Tue 09-Aug-11 11:14:48

OK great, shall we say 2pm at cafe?

Nothing else in letter to report. Will pm you both my name and description! x

suzikettles Tue 09-Aug-11 11:27:45

Perfect - have pm'd you back.

kirmcc Tue 09-Aug-11 12:14:07

sounds good to me, will reply to your pm now!

suzikettles Wed 10-Aug-11 20:34:53

Ds had his last day at nursery today (sob sob!). We are now officially counting down...

Oh I really hope he likes school. He's so excited.

kirmcc Mon 15-Aug-11 09:21:24

does anyone have the letter that says when/where we can pick up the uniform? i can't find mine and can't remember if there are certain times when we can get it today and tomorrow, and where abouts in the school we go to get it.
can anyone tell me? thanks

NormanTebbit Mon 15-Aug-11 09:33:29

It's tomorrow and Wednesday, between 10am and 2.30pm. Not sure where from but it's probably in the gym hall at the front.

suzikettles Mon 15-Aug-11 09:41:25

The letter said to use the front entrance on Gibson St and go to the office where you'd be told which room they were in.

kirmcc Mon 15-Aug-11 09:48:06

my memory must be worse than i thought- I really thought it was today and tomorrow!

kirmcc Tue 16-Aug-11 09:06:29

i won't be able to make it today. the kids grandparents phoned last night and asked if they can take the kids for a day out before school starts so they will be away from lunch time.

was thinking about taking ds to the park after school on friday if the weather is good if anyone is interested?

suzikettles Tue 16-Aug-11 11:55:04

That's a shame - I hope they have a good day.

If the weather's dry I doubt we'll managed to get out of the school without a promise to go to the park so we'll likely see you there!

(timbuktutu - I'm still fine for this afternoon. I'll be wearing a red waterproof, unless the weather gets miraculously better, and probably carrying a bag with a load of Hillhead Primary uniform in it as the plan is to collect it on the way to meeting you)

timbuktutu Tue 16-Aug-11 12:20:32

Hi, yes we are still able to make it - see you then!

kirmcc Thu 18-Aug-11 09:38:30

was I the only one wondering how the school was going to be ready for tomorrow?

suzikettles Thu 18-Aug-11 12:24:03

I think they'll be ok. The teachers have been in since last week I think and these things always come together at the last minute.

It seems daft not to have just started them on Monday though. What possible difference could another day have made?

(timbuktutu - it was lovely to meet you & dd on tues!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now