Scouts in Glasgow

(3 Posts)
netherlee Thu 04-Aug-11 19:11:08

Slightly bonkers question but DS recently wore a kilt to a wedding and absolutely loved it. He is also thinking of joining the scouts and we were told some still have kilts as part of their uniform. Does anyone know such a group in the Glasgowish area? You can't really wear kilts outside a uniform or special events (not a child anyway).

prettybird Fri 05-Aug-11 13:09:06

My friend's ds wears a kilt to his scouts - they're in Giffnock. My SIL's pack (she's a beaver leader, whatever that's called) also wears kilts for more formal events (from Scouts upwards) - and that's in Cardonald.

I think it is the same for most of the packs - certainly everyone seems to be wearing kilts during the "uniformed" bit of the Gang Show, which I have to go to every year 'cos my niece is in it.

clarabella18 Fri 05-Aug-11 23:01:25

I'm a beaver scout leader. Alot of troops
Used to wear them but only for ceremonial occasions etc. Not for the actual group nights as they just aren't practical. My group doesn't really use them anymore unfortunately, but that's a cost thing as opposed to anything else as we aren't in a particularly affluent area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now