International Mummies Glasgow

(10 Posts)
Stella82 Fri 24-Jun-11 19:49:43

Hi Ladies,

I am looking for your opinion and interest of course. I would like to organise a weekly meeting group for international mummies ideally European-based, so that our little ones get an early grasp of different languages and cultures.

My aim is:
- To meet up weekly for an afternoon
- To indroduce songs in other languages to sing along
- Become familiar with different traditions
- Exchange recipes from our countries baby and non-baby relating
- Talk about differences in bringing up children in our countries compared to the UK
- Have a ball and chat and hopefully create great friendships

My question is what you think of this idea, would this be of interest?

All feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all Mummies! smile

PadPomWi Sat 25-Jun-11 10:38:37

I would be really keen, but I'm from England! I have lived all over...USA, Aus, NZ...my folks are Irish, my big sis lives in Denmark and my best buddies are Czech & Croatian & we've just moved to Scotland!
Anyway, what you're proposing sounds like it would be great for the Mummies and their bubbas, so count me in. Fiona

ScarlettCrossbones Mon 27-Jun-11 13:02:48

Hi Stella, I would love this too, but, um, I'm Scottish - are natives excluded?! I used to go to a toddler group at Dowanhill Church on Observatory Rd, which I loved as it was so international and cosmopolitan(!). Ummm, I've lived in Austria, Canada and the States - would that qualify me?! DCs1 & 2 are at school/nursery, but me & DC3 usually around during the day.

prettybird Mon 27-Jun-11 13:17:02

Not specifically international (although I myself am a Heinz 57 in background! wink) but there is a meet-up this Thursday in Litecraft on Great Western Road if you fancy coming along...... details here

Stella82 Sun 03-Jul-11 22:46:18

Hey Ladies,
Of course, everyone is welcome, as long as you got in international interest :-)
Will think of dates etc.
Stella x

Mimile Sat 16-Jul-11 20:03:07

I'd be interested too - although I am working most weekdays. I stay in the WE, and DD (2 yo) is in nursery while I work - but we could maybe venture out to a group. I am French - used to go to the French club on Wednesday mornings when on Mat leave...

lemoncola Fri 29-Jul-11 00:42:52

Stella,

Love it! I am very keen!

I am from Hong Kong, DH is British originally from Manchester. We have 2 children. I speak English, Chinese ( cantonese,my native ) and Mandarin as well ( though not fluent), I also speak Hakka ( it's a dialect).

DD is now nearly 3, she can speak Chinese as well as English, I am trying to teach her to write 1-10 in Chinese.

I was born in Hong Kong, studied in England & Canada. I used to work for an airline so have visited quite a lot of countries.

Unfortunately, we are thinking of moving back to Manchester so I might not be able to join but I just hope that you will make it happen!

hoodsie Tue 02-Aug-11 21:39:49

Hello ladies,

This would be great! I am keen to meet other international mums too. I live in the southside but thinking of moving back to the city or the west end in October. I have a wee boy and he's going to turn 1 soon.

Hope to see all of you soon!

PacificDogwood Tue 02-Aug-11 21:44:58

Oh, me too, me too!!

I am a bit limited timewise but am keen grin. I am German, have lived in Britain for 18 years. DS1 and 2 are reasonably bilingual, but I have been much more lazy with the 2 little ones. Mornings would suit me better as I have school children coming home after 3pm.

Scarlett, do I know you?? <<squints suspiciously at Scarlett>>

irnbrukid Fri 05-Aug-11 21:47:44

Im from glasgow but interested in meetin up with you ladies.I am generally avail anytime after 5 pm weekdays or at weekends as i work if that suits anyone.... Kind Regards

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now