OH MY GOD what am i going to do with the kids this summer? do ordinary CHEAP playschemes exist any more?

(8 Posts)
AitchTwoOh Wed 22-Jun-11 19:58:17

or is it all this bloomin' broomhill camps lot? £110 a week!? dd2 will be sitting on the couch watching a LOT of movies at this rate.

SantaLucia Wed 22-Jun-11 20:04:42

Agreed! Why are there no Council playschemes??? And most of the free events at the Glasgow Museums are stopping for the holidays and starting again when term begins. Doh! I think the only things going on are free swimming in GCC area. I'll check the Glasgow Life website to see if the situation has improved. But its going to be a long summer in this horrific weather.

AitchTwoOh Wed 22-Jun-11 20:05:57

oh please do tell if you find something... i have to WORK, this is ridiculous. (of course it is ridiculous that i am only just thinking about it now).

prettybird Thu 23-Jun-11 17:13:38

Our local out-of-school care is very reasonable if you have a term time contract but £20/day if you don't.

Have a look at the Zest web-site to see if there is anything suitable (and free!) for your kids.

The council is also running formal kids camps for £99 a week Kids Camps

heymammy Thu 23-Jun-11 22:17:09

There's a new playscheme starting up at St Paul's Primary in Whiteinch scotstounsuperstars.moonfruit.com on Monday 27th. It's only 50p for a 2 hour session, woo hoo!

I'm gonna head along on opening day as it's run by a few mums that I know so want to support them in getting up and running smile

AitchTwoOh Thu 23-Jun-11 22:25:31

oh that is GREAT, thanks, will spread the word. (can i dump and run?)

heymammy Thu 23-Jun-11 22:32:55

Erm, yup I think so. It maybe depends on age, but I'm planning on leaving my 4-very-nearly-5 year old with them.

AitchTwoOh Thu 23-Jun-11 22:36:45

oh i really do love you, thanks. even if i can dump the five year old and then do a bit of work in a cafe, that would be good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now