Meet up! Sign in here..

(56 Posts)
Geordieminx Mon 20-Jun-11 20:20:00

Rightyo ladies.

Let's get this sorted.

At the moment only Tuesdays and Thursdays are good for me, so how about the 30th?

It was suggested on another thread that we could meet at the LIfe Craft studio on the Great Western Road? Or if there was more wild preschoolers and the weather was reasonable how about The People's Palace?

Any thoughts?

Blottedcopybook Tue 21-Jun-11 08:37:44

Obviously I have a vested interest in a meetup at The Life Craft but if it wasn't there, the only day I can manage is a Tuesday smile

prettybird Tue 21-Jun-11 10:00:22

I should be OK for the 30th. Don't think my ds (10) would be interested in coming. Am easy about the location.

Geordieminx Tue 21-Jun-11 11:38:47

blotted is there somewhere near by to get coffee/cake?

Blottedcopybook Tue 21-Jun-11 14:15:56

We do cake & drinks in the shop smile

Can I bring my knitting?

Blottedcopybook Tue 21-Jun-11 14:56:13

Only if you're prepared for me rabbiting at you about what you're knitting, what yarn you're using, what pattern you're making etc etc :D

Oh I can talk knitting until the cows come home!! grin

Geordieminx Tue 21-Jun-11 15:07:31

(((((((packs bag and heads for the west end))))

Coffee, cake and crafts??? All we need now is semi naked hunks grin

Blottedcopybook Tue 21-Jun-11 15:21:12

Well, it is nearly July in Glasgow. I'm sure there'll be a fair few hot to trot tootin' hot bod hotties walking around without their shirts on ;)

They'll get frostbite!!! shock

Blottedcopybook Tue 21-Jun-11 19:15:36

One can but hope.

prettybird Tue 21-Jun-11 19:36:12

grin

Geordieminx Tue 21-Jun-11 21:20:22

I will be bringing ds, who is 4 and shares his mummy's passion for cake and craft.

Where's weegie mum? And Pacifc?

boobellina Tue 21-Jun-11 21:48:33

Gutted I have to work that day! Needless to say while you are all scoffing cake, talking knitting and skegging the local pigeon chests talent I will be sulking in a wee carluke coffee shop spilling coffees on customers and curdling the milk with my scowl.

Paladin Tue 21-Jun-11 22:14:02

I can't make this meet, but if it's a regular thing then sign me up smile
We're moving to the area next month so I'd love to meet some local Mums smile

Blottedcopybook - I can't wait to come and visit your shop! Been following you on FB/Twitter and mentally writing a list of all the classes I'd like to do!

Blottedcopybook Wed 22-Jun-11 08:51:02

Hooray! I love hearing that kind of feedback :D

Geordieminx Wed 22-Jun-11 09:35:24

Have 'liked' you on fb! Really interested in looking at the classes you offer. I love crafts but stuff is always better in my head than it ever actually looks! blush

I've just liked you too. I'm probably going to park at Shields and get the underground round - the last time dh and I parked on the Great Western Road, he got a parking ticket. blush

Geordieminx - I know exactly what you mean about crafts being better in your head - I have the same thing. I'm currently assembling stuff to have a go at some collages over the summer, as a break from painting (not that I do much painting - a weekly class, and I am absolutely pants at it), and in my head these collages are going to be amazing, but I suspect I am going to get very frustrated and covered in PVA glue, with little to show for it.

Blottedcopybook Wed 22-Jun-11 12:06:56

The parking on GWR is a joke but you can park on Queen Margaret Drive (at the side of the Botanics) for free and it's a 2 minute walk round from there smile

I know what you mean about stuff looking better in your head! I have that problem most of the time too haha, but we try and pick fairly easy things to do in our classes so that you get the best result possible.

weegiemum Wed 22-Jun-11 12:14:26

Oooooh Ooooooh just saw this.

Can only come if I can bring 3 primary age kids, all of whom are pretty crafty! (in an appropriate way).

Geordieminx Wed 22-Jun-11 12:19:34

I'm sure your dd will love C weegie!

prettybird Wed 22-Jun-11 12:24:47

<thread hi-jack alert>

Weegiemum - are your lot going to be coming along to the Family Day on Sunday? Looks like it is going to be pouring with rain a bit damp, so I suspect we'll be doing games inside! Either that or we'll have a lot of drookit kids.

JennyPiccolo Wed 22-Jun-11 18:30:54

I'll come! Hang out at the lifecraft too much anyway ;)

weegiemum Wed 22-Jun-11 20:08:16

<hijack back> no we are off to a festival in the borders for the weekend so even damper and nowhere to dry off I expect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now