single mums west end

(11 Posts)
Lorie72 Sun 12-Jun-11 21:40:07

Hello, just wondering if there were any single mums in west end wanted to meet up? If you are out there, do you also find it hard being so 'unique' ?! Am only single mum amongst all my friends, so gets a bit hard keeping the old chin up!

scotchbroth1 Mon 04-Jul-11 20:03:59

I'm a single mum! How old are your DC?

timbuktutu Tue 05-Jul-11 18:29:46

I'm also a single mum. I have a 4.6 year old DD.

RedHairedGirlie Tue 05-Jul-11 22:41:27

Hi. Am a single mum over in the East DD 2.4. Does feel consuming at times.. especially when its singlemomdom 24x7 with no real support around and breaks are few and far between. To be honest, I don't notice being a single mum anymore when around friends - I think i found it hard when DD was tiny.. I think it was a need to share those precious early days with someone like what friends were doing.. that was tough. Now though I love the time I have with DD and all the lovely things we do together :-)

I'd be interested to meet sometime.

suzydelarosa Thu 07-Jul-11 23:45:35

Me single mom living near Kelvingrove park! All my friends happily married and having more babies --- and then there's angry cynical me!! Anyway email if you wanna meet...

HadAThreesomeWithFredAndGeorge Sat 16-Jul-11 19:48:14

Single and near Kelvingrove park too smile

I would be up for meeting up. I haven't met any other single mums, I knew you must all be out there somewhere!

timbuktutu Sun 17-Jul-11 00:24:20

I'm also near-ish to Kelvingrove - lets meet up! smile When's good for all of you?

RedHairedGirlie Thu 21-Jul-11 13:07:49

How does Sunday 31st July Sound for a meet up? Could meet at Botanics or Kelvingrove depending on weather, or other child friendly location... which facilitates adult lattes smile?

tumshie73 Sat 23-Jul-11 20:57:38

Hi - also a single mum and would love to meet up! My wee one (DD - only just getting used to the text speak for babies online!) is coming up for 7 months. We live in knightswood - cool to meet around Kelvingrove or thereabouts.

RedHairedGirlie Tue 26-Jul-11 13:08:34

Does anyone fancy meeting this Sunday then, mid morning perhaps - maybe get in to the Kelvingrove for coffee before it gets busy and then a walk to the park after if the weather looks OK? Think it opens at 11am on Sundays.

RedHairedGirlie Thu 28-Jul-11 21:14:29

I'm not able to make this weekend now, will keep an eye out if anything else is posted on this thread re: meeting up..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now