Anyone up for a Black Friday Thread?

(9 Posts)
OccasionalTherapy Wed 25-Nov-15 19:01:24

I thought it might be good to start a thread about bargains we've seen advertised or local stores that are holding Black Friday events.

I think I'll probably spend the day cowering inside rather than braving the big stores but any little known codes for the internet would be great too.

I'll go first...

I've just seen that Timberland have started a 30% off on their site with the code GIFT30A I realise it's not just specific to around here but everyone can do with rugged boots right? hmm

OccasionalTherapy Wed 25-Nov-15 22:15:58

I found another one! The body Shop are giving 40% off on their site with the code 14317...that's the teachers presents sorted.

Although that gets me onto another thought...what does everyone else do about TAs? We seem to have a teacher and 2 TAs in each class and I know that the TAs spend more time with the dc but 3 presents per class is too much!!

PiratesofyourPants Wed 25-Nov-15 22:29:11

I've seen signs up at the big roundabout near Sainsbury's that Homebase are doing Black Friday. I don't know what they are doing though. Probably selling loads of xmas decorations at 'half price' {hmm}

PiratesofyourPants Wed 25-Nov-15 22:29:40

sigh, meant

hmm obvs

PiratesofyourPants Thu 26-Nov-15 15:49:37

Ha! I've seen those signs too. Think the shops in Eagles Meadow are opening early tomorrow, Tesco is opening at 5am crazy!

I actually came on to let people know that Total Fitness are doing £0 to join and pay £0 'til January. Not that I'm going anywhere near a gym until the post-Christmas guilt sets in!

(Think we might be the only people on this board!)

HillbillySlice Tue 01-Dec-15 19:46:30

Hello both, I've been lurking on these boards for ages hoping I'm not the only one in the area! Hope you both did well in the Black Friday bargain hunt. I ordered a kindle fire from Amazon, but I'm still waiting to receive it.

OccasionalTherapy Thu 03-Dec-15 16:37:09

Hello Hillbilly I got a few toys for the dc but usually I do nearly all my Christmas shop on Black Friday so I'm kind of panicking now.

Will end up getting everyone a box of Roses and a windscreen cleaner from the petrol station on Christmas Eve grin

The Kindle Fire was a bargain though , well done!

HillbillySlice Sat 05-Dec-15 19:18:23

I think that I do better under pressure sometimes, I'm hoping it all comes together at the last minute. I might end up doing it all at the petrol station too this year! grin

Dreading the big Christmas food shop! Have to psyche myself up for that every year.

OccasionalTherapy Sun 06-Dec-15 19:29:15

Hmm...every year I swear I'll do it online but I'm never organised enough to be arsed when the slots are open. Ah well, elbows at the ready and Christmas Eve it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now