What to do with bored teenagers

(3 Posts)
fieldflower Thu 02-Nov-17 10:52:56

Inspire them to get arty and to work with a Skateboard artist:
kate and Rejuvenate (Workshop)
A Class in Fresh Skateboard Art
Blair McCafferty of the Creature Emporium, has a degree in Graphic Design and a passion for all things skateboarding. Previously sponsored by Deathbox, Converse, Jart Skateboards and Dephect skate brands, Blair has campaigned for skateparks and facilities since he was a young lad and recently had a hand in the design, fund raising and build of Newport-on-Tay’s skatepark. Working freelance, he describes himself as a full time doodle monkey who likes to create cute graffiti and fun street art.

In this all day workshop, Blair will be teaching you how to recycle your old and broken skateboards into wonderful works of art. Using your own ideas, you will use spray-paint and paint pens to create a fun piece of art that’s out of this world! Broken boards and materials will be provided. Bring a packed lunch!

Saturday 11th November I 11am – 4pm I Age 10 – 18 I £25

RumAppleGinger Thu 02-Nov-17 11:44:07

This is very cool. My DS is nearly 7 so too young for the workshop at the moment but we have just had a skate park open five minutes from our house and I hope it's something he gets into. Good luck with it! I hope it is still going strong in a few years time!

Badger7 Sun 05-Nov-17 20:49:52

West Fife Schools Pipe Band are currently RECRUITING NEW MEMBERS. Any child aged between eight and eighteen years who is currently at any school in the West Fife area, or is home-educated or lives in West Fife is eligible to join us.
No musical experience is necessary - although children who already play are very welcome - as we have tutors for chanter, bagpipes and snare, tenor and bass drums.
The WFSPB has provided tuition and experience for the young people of West Fife at an affordable cost for the last 23 years. We perform in RSPBA competitions as a "Juvenile Novice B" Band, and are well known in the local community.
The band meets at Rosyth Ex-Servicemen’s Club, Admiralty Road, Rosyth on Tuesday evenings and at Queen Anne High School, Broomhead Parks, Dunfermline on Thursday evenings.
If you would like to join or find out more about us, please email wfspb@gmx.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now