Moving to Dunfermline

(3 Posts)
Maximax1 Tue 16-Dec-14 14:22:56

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on best places to live in Dunfermline/Dalgety Bay area? We are hoping to move to the area next year, I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Don't have a job yet but expect I'll be working in Edinburgh and communiting. Where are good areas to stay? What are the schools like? How bad is commuting? I'll be there on my own for a few years while my husband works away and I will need to work full time as well. We are looking at lots of areas around Edinburgh but Dunfermline appeals for location and house prices. My family are all in the Borders so don't want to go much further north so they aren't too far away. Thanks, any advise from those living there already would be greatly appreciated.

oldfifer Tue 16-Dec-14 14:29:19

hi there
Dunfermline is ok for commuting either by car or by train but note that commuting by car from anywhere in Fife will involve a snarl up at the Forth Road Bridge during rush hour, but that may be resolved when the new bridge opens. There is a good park and ride facility in Inverkeithing if you prefer to jump the bus. I don't know about best places to live in Dunfermline, depends on what you are looking for. Duloch Park is a big new expansion but to me seems soul-less. All new houses, all the same.
Pitreavie area handy for schools and motorway links
Lots of schools to choose from around Dunfermline and Dalgety Bay. if you prefer somewhere smaller Limekilns is nice.

Maximax1 Tue 16-Dec-14 16:24:50

Hi, thanks, that's given me a few places to look. I'm pretty sure i'll try to commute any way other by car if possible so hopefully it won't be too bad. Park and ride sounds like a good option. I'm not too keen on new estates for the reason you mentioned, I do prefer a bit of character. All very exciting through, just can't wait to move now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now