potential move to Dunfermline - recommendations of primary schools?

(7 Posts)
fishyscott Wed 13-Nov-13 20:28:15

Hi, we are moving to Scotland from NZ; we need to be in commuting distance to Edinburgh airport. I have been looking for a 4 bed rental and it appears that you get a better deal in Dunfermline as opposed to Edinburgh. The education service has said my kids can attend any school as long as there are places (requirements - P1,P3,P6) - any suggestions on good schools. I'm not opposed to living in a modern estate (well insulated houses etc) but ideally would like a friendly community where we wouldn't feel too much like outsiders! any suggestions?

LEDundeeAngus Fri 15-Nov-13 17:39:00

Hi FishyScott, I've no idea, but will link this to our FB and Twitter pages in the hope of finding someone with a bit of a clue.

Good luck with the move

DorothyGalesRubyShoes Thu 13-Feb-14 16:58:13

Funnily enough I was coming on to post the same question. I am also moving there and need to know which primary schools are good and also which secondary schools in the area have good reputations.

I am very nervous about this move and dreading telling my children.

KatieScarlettFife Thu 13-Feb-14 16:59:06

I live here, whereabouts are you looking to go?

DorothyGalesRubyShoes Tue 18-Feb-14 10:29:06

Hi Katie. OH is handing in resignation here and we are open to places around Dunfermline. I have 2 boys 6 and 9 and this move will be hard for them. I really want a school with a pleasant reputation which is known to care about the kids. We haven't chosen a place to live yet so I am totally open to any advice at all.

HuglessDouglas Tue 04-Mar-14 16:09:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DorothyGalesRubyShoes Thu 20-Mar-14 14:45:41

Thank you HuglessDouglas we have ended up on the outskirts a little primary which seems lovely. Good to have info on the secondary schools too as my eldest has a couple of years before he goes to one of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now