Where are all the Mum's in Dunfermline?

(59 Posts)
crazyforniamh Sat 24-Jul-10 22:27:47

Is there anyone out there? Us Dunfermline Mums must be very busy folk. Wld love to hear from any new Mums.

Mummaof5 Mon 08-Feb-16 10:49:35

Hi everyone 😊 I will be moving upto Rosyth next month and am looking to meet new friends. I have 5 children, 19yrs, 12yrs, 9yrs, 7yrs and 13 months. I drive so am happy to travel around. Any ideas for things to do and places to go especially with my 13 month old young man would be great! My girls will be going to Camdean school and my eldest son to Dunfermline High school. Look forward to hearing from peeps😀

Raine123 Thu 04-Feb-16 12:36:29

Hi I'm new to Dunfermline and have a boisterous 19 mo girl. I work 30 hrs a week but free on Monday and Wednesday mornings also on Friday afternoons. Currently trying to decide if I should keep taking the lo to her Friday morning playgroup in Edinburgh or not.

Beccaandbump Wed 09-Dec-15 23:37:41

Hello, I'm becca, stay in Dunfermline and I have an 18 month old and I'm six months pregnant. Looking to make new friends or find new groups to keep us busy x

Ki77yss Fri 06-Nov-15 02:39:08

Hi is there anyone here that goes to a Friday morning toddlers group

Auntychef Wed 16-Sep-15 17:04:49

Hi. Not sure if this is still going. We have moved this year to Dunfermline and I have just sent my youngest of to school. Because we are a bit away from the school he gets the bus so I am not getting any adult interaction and am going stir crazy at home. I am 36 and have three kids 10, 9 and 4. My husband suggested I join a group but not having any luck finding anything. Does anyone know of anything?

Megan1991 Mon 11-May-15 21:44:10

Hi I'm new to this just wanted to say hi and if anyone could recommend good places to take a 10 month old baby xsmile

poppyXsmile Fri 20-Mar-15 21:54:22

Hi Kerry and Babyloo my name is Laura and my wee boy is 11 months x

kerrycollins1986 Sun 18-Jan-15 16:22:42

Hi there!

My names Kerry, i'm 28. Myself and my fiancee have recently moved to Dunfermline, about 6 months ago with our little boy, Dusk who's just turned 13 months. I'm a stay at home home mum, so haven't met any other mums yet and really struggling for places to go with my little man and am starting to feel guilty that hes stuck with me all of the time! Would be great to find some mums to have some adventure days out with the kids or just to have a natter over a coffee or something stronger! smile Any ideas on places to go would be fab!!
Really hope to hear back, take care till then xx

Babyloo3 Thu 15-Jan-15 10:54:51

Hi there
I know this thread started a while ago now but thought I would join in anyways.We moved to Dunfermline a year ago from Edinburgh and I can honestly say it's the best thing we did!!!
I have 2 girls,8 and nearly 2 and a boy aged 5.
It took my eldest daughter a good couple of months to settle in but has some great friends now and we are really happy with their school.
I'm still finding my way about,have met some lovely mums thru the school but am starting to feel guilty that I don't do much with my youngest.My husband works between Edinburgh and Glasgow and I'm a stay at home mum.
Hoping to get some ideas and even make some new friends x

mangoeatingbaby Wed 24-Dec-14 12:24:48

This appears to be a zombie thread, deansmummie thou I've got a 16 month old and just moved to glencraig I that helps. smile

DeansMummieOx Wed 10-Dec-14 16:55:37

hi there i seen a comment from you
im new to this site . let me introduce myself
my names shona imi 21 years old, aswell have a little boy whos 2 i live in lochgelly though but travil to dunfermline all the time and kirkaldy
im just starten to get the just of this site . can you help me ? im looken for new mummie friends and an activity buddie aswell. play days and adventures with kids duren the day and maybe a few glasses of rosie at night at a local bar or something . message me back when i find out how to cheak provet mails lol

take care till then xx

DorothyGalesRubyShoes Thu 13-Feb-14 17:00:03

Hello Dunfermline mums - can any of you tell me about the good primary and secondary schools in the area please?

velvetelvis Tue 23-Apr-13 16:40:58

Only just checked back here too Whinnyburn! Ill try send you a private mail and see if you get it. We can hopefully arrange something there!

Whinnyburn7 Tue 23-Apr-13 15:44:06

Hi velvetelvis

Sounds good to me, I am busy this week but next week would be good. I have no idea how to private message on here.......
Sorry I took a while to reply I forget to check!! X

velvetelvis Tue 16-Apr-13 08:56:49

Hello Dunfermline Mums!
Whinnyburn 7 I also live near you and Mammanik, between Sky and "The Big Tesco"!
I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and I am currently working 2 days a week in Edinburgh. I have lived here for almost 3 years but still don't really know that many mums. Would love to meet up sometime! x

Whinnyburn7 Wed 10-Apr-13 11:56:35

Hi Mammanik
I live just near you, at the top of rosyth, nearish the Sky building. I have a 21 month old, I don't know lots of mums either, I moved here from Portsmouth so left behind a lot of childhood friends, made new ones here some are mums but not many, and I know it can be difficult to find your place when your 'new in town'. I used to work in edinburgh before I had my little boy. I have just become the local ambassador for my area so I'm trying to get all us mums out of hiding smile.
Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a chat and cake x

TeaAndTunnocks Fri 08-Mar-13 21:47:53

Hi Helen,

would you like to add the details of your group to the Listings on MN Local? Here is the right topic for Baby and Toddler Groups.

If you are on Facebook, look us up and we will connect with you there too. (I am the MN Local Editor and responsible for the Local pages and Social Media sites).

Thanks for posting.

Helen1972 Wed 06-Mar-13 16:45:57

Hi Mammanik
I help to run a group for new parents (mainly mums) and babies on a Monday in Dunfermline. You are very welcome to come along, we have new mums coming along most weeks and there are babies ranging from days/weeks old to almost age one. It's a good way to meet people and to find out what else is going on locally. It's at the Dunfermline East Church, which is the new church along from Tesco and Duloch Primary. Mondays 10.30-12.

TeaAndTunnocks Tue 05-Mar-13 22:48:59

Hi Mammanik
congratulations on the birth of your wee one. Exciting times for you all. Mine are much older, and as much as a cliche as it is, enjoy it while you can. They do indeed grow up so blooming fast.

I am over in Dundee, but if we get a Fife meet up organised, then I will come over. How do you guys feel about meeting at Muddy Boots or Cairnie Fruit Farm?

singingchipie Mon 04-Mar-13 22:08:05

Hi Mammanik
Congratulations on your wee one and welcome to the blur of being a new mum! My wee boy is 21 months old now and its probably been the best 21 months of my life though the early days of lack of sleep and trying to get out the house are hard going but you get through it. I felt like I was constantly trying to get places and always getting there late, at the end of the class or on the rare times I got there on time, the wee man was sound asleep and slept right through! You feel like the only one but all other mums are just the same, you just need to get chatting to them to find out. I definitely recommend getting to baby groups as and when you find them. Look out for the Bookbugs classes (free) at the library. Hopefully some Dunfermline mums can let you know what is on around you. I'm over in Kirkcaldy and arranging a meet up soon so look out for that but if you want to come over and meet up for a coffee in the meantime, let me know smile

mammanik Mon 04-Mar-13 12:20:56

Hi.I'm a new mum to a 13 week old baby, and live in Dunfermline, and have done for about 18 months. I haven't plucked up the courage to attend any baby groups so thought i'd start here. Would love to meet other mums to have coffee and chats. I work in Edinburgh (on maternity leave) so don't really know any mums in fife -  Anyone in the same boat?

TeaAndTunnocks Thu 28-Feb-13 09:06:44

Thanks Olivia. brew (bit early for gin)

OliviaMumsnetHerts Wed 27-Feb-13 23:22:45

Hi there Justyna
Just to let you know we've removed your advert - you can list your details elsewhere on MN local
Happy Coffee Mornings to youse all.
grin

TeaAndTunnocks Wed 27-Feb-13 22:59:08

Hi everyone. Glad to see some Fife mums posting. It has been a bit quiet while we set up the new site.

I am the Local Editor for Fife Mumsnet, and just wanted to let you all know that while we encourage all businesses to add a Listing, we don't allow adverts on the talk boards.

If you have your own business, or if you run a playgroup or any kind of event, do take advantage of our free Local Listings.

Come and say hello on Facebook too and we will help promote your event or business there too.

We are hoping to find lots of Local Ambassadors to help set up Mumsnet meet-ups for us, in return for some goodies More info here

If you know of good mother and toddler groups, please let us know and we will add them to the Listings - makes it much easier then for people to find out what is going on than having to trawl through loads of old threads.

Phew. That is all the official stuff out of the way. Anyone fancy meeting for coffee sometime?

LiveforeverwithJustyna Mon 18-Feb-13 00:39:18

Hi, I just thought I will say hallo! I'm a mom of two, girl (2.5 years)and a boy (1.5years). We live in Oakley near Dunfermline but I'm very often in the town.
There is one toddler group in Oakley as well, new one in Blairhall (which is just a next village). But, yeah-you are all right-not too much to do with kids-especially when is raining. {advertising removed by mumsnet hq]. Would be great to meet mums from the area and have a chat or coffee! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now