Hey Falkirks Mums!! Is there anyone else out there?

(117 Posts)

Just a quick (and long overdue) intro as the Falkirk Tsarina!

Hopefully we'll get more going on in our area!

foxymagoo Thu 15-Nov-07 13:16:21

I should have added - every Wednesday

Stefka Thu 15-Nov-07 18:10:22

I did try a shield but it didn't help - I might give it another go though. I was planning to go to that group - although at the moment I haven't dared to leave the house! I said I will give it till Sunday then review the situation. I hope I can manage to keep going.

justneedsomesleep Fri 15-Feb-08 07:40:58

Hi all,

Also living in falkirk. have a 2 year old daughter and 4 month old son.

just thought i'd add that with dd i went to the breastfeeding support group in stenhousemuir and met a great bunch of people and with their help breastfed dd until 7 months. now breastfeeding again but haven't made it to the breastfeeding group. the logistics are difficult with a toddler! we also go to a playgroup at larbert east church mondat morning and there is a baby group there too. one of the best. and on thursday morning - one at pentecostal church in larbert - babies welcome. i'm not a member of either church - anyone welcome. dawson centre also has toddler group on monday pm and friday am.

library bounce and tickle sessions are really good as are the rhyme time sessions for when they outgrow the baby sessions. wish they were longer and on more often too.

forgot about the group at st andrews church. what time again?

anyway, nice talking and i'll pop back later.

congrats on the new baby stefka!

p x

Stefka Fri 15-Feb-08 21:08:03

Hi and thanks

Feeding is sorted now - it took 11 weeks but I am so glad I stuck at it.

Been meaning to check out bounce and tickle. Also was wondering what time the St Andrews thing was on at. Is it Thursday afternoons?

HollyandNoah Thu 19-Jun-08 23:21:39

hey,
Iv just joined, i'm from falkirk too! bainsford, i have a son, he's almost 6 months. just thought i'd say hi!

Stefka Tue 01-Jul-08 12:34:49

Hi there Holly

carolinee73 Wed 02-Jul-08 21:30:33

Hi, Im Caroline mum to James who is 17 weeks. I live in Stenhousemuir. Just joined, hi to everyone

kat13 Mon 07-Jul-08 20:30:14

Hi i'm Katrina in Stirling mum to Ruairidh who is 7 weeks old.wink

HollyandNoah Wed 09-Jul-08 22:00:24

Hello,

oo stenhousemuir, you're very near by. xx

lyrasilver Mon 21-Jul-08 12:17:21

Hi, just joined this site... usually to be found on another one or fb.I am in Falkirk too, with 3 boys.

mibbes Tue 22-Jul-08 18:44:15

Hi I'm in Larbert - am 20 weeks pregnant. Anyone care to share any top tips with a novice first timer ? Did anyone go to local NCT classes ? Any pregnancy yoga/exercise classes nearby ? I noticed that the aquanatal classes at the mariner centre are on Wed afternoon which is no use as I work full time. All tips and advice very welcome smile

HollyandNoah Tue 22-Jul-08 19:20:42

hey!

I really wanted to go to aqua natal also! But didnt:|. Looks so much fun though! I only made one class, in grangemouth sports complex.
Good luck xxx

lyrasilver Thu 24-Jul-08 10:29:31

Hi Mibbles! Didnt do any classes so cant help there... but with my boys ages ranging from 13 to 2 I have gone thru most of the hiccups! Hope all goes well for you.

lingobaby Sat 26-Jul-08 21:04:07

Hi,

I'm Fiona, first-time mum to Ruairi aged 8 months. I stay in Stenhousemuir, seems there are quite a few Larbert/Stenie folks on here! I've just posted up some details on the "what's on" about play sessions I'm running at Larbert Library from 29th August so let me know if you might be interested!

Hope everyone has been enjoying the great weather

Fiona

hollyandnoah Sun 27-Jul-08 15:10:20

Hey Fiona

Fancy meeting you here! Cant wait till lingo baby! x

lingobaby Sun 27-Jul-08 21:29:03

Hi Holly,

I thought it was you Hope you and Noah have been enjoying all this lovely sunshine! If it's nice tomorrow Ruairi is going for his first dunk in his paddling pool, I might join him!

Really looking forward to meeting you both, and your sister and Molly

See you in August!

mibbes Sun 27-Jul-08 22:12:33

Hello Larbert/Stenny ladies and those from anywhere near Falkirk - anyone gone to NCT classes locally ?
The weather has been amazing today grin shame I have to go to work tomorrow sad

hollyandnoah Mon 28-Jul-08 11:23:47

Yeh, the weather is amaaaazing!

Aww Ruairi is such a sweet name! Him and Noah are quite close in ages. You should join him, but it doesn't look as nice today :| rubbish.

Holly

mibbes Fri 01-Aug-08 19:45:31

lingobaby just read your link to the French for babies classes smile, I really hope these are still running next summer as I'd love to bring my baby along (not due until Dec 08). I did my degree in French so keen the wee one is exposed to foreign languages as something fun grin. If you ever need a helper give me a shout wink. I'll let my friends with babies know about this too.

Are there any other local PG ladies out there or is it just me ?

Joj26 Tue 05-Aug-08 22:03:23

Hi, am same as mibbes, would be interested in the French for babies classes for next year (my baby due end Nov) - are there any plans? I did French degree and keep threatening my husband that baby and I will be conversing in French about him and he will have no clue

lyrasilver Fri 15-Aug-08 17:15:47

Anyone been to the new Sportsters yet? Report please smile

lingobaby Tue 19-Aug-08 22:36:10

Hello!

Sorry, haven't logged on for a week or two, I didn't realise some of you were looking for lingobaby info! Things are going really well for the classes and I plan on running them until June 09, taking a summer break and then back again in Aug 09 so that will probably fit in with the ages that your babies will be by this time next year (joj26 and mibbes). If it's not too much trouble, could you send me a wee email to lingobaby@googlemail.com ? It's just so I can keep you informed of things. lingobaby was featured in The Times last weekend and I'm now doing sessions through in Glasgow and will be starting in Stirling in October so it's all gone a bit mad!

Fiona

lorna29 Tue 14-Oct-08 21:39:17

Hey there.

I thought i would join in! i am a Falkirk Mum too - only moved to Falkirk 7 years ago though. I have two daughters 2 and half and 9 months old. Great to hear from other mums in this area.
I was wondering if anyone knows of any toddler groups that run on a monday? They all seem to be on days that i work

thanks!

saraloui Sat 13-Dec-08 22:33:49

Hi just joined site, only moved to Falkirk in May (from Cornwall) so don't know many people yet and would love to hear from other mums.

I have a 22 month old son and a 4 month old daughter so have been pretty busy since we got here!!!!

Lorna29 Lochgreen toddlers meet on a Mon if that's any help.

StefkaSnowAngel Tue 30-Dec-08 20:47:04

I had forgotten about this post! Saraloui I think I met you at the Dr's - your DD was poorly with a cold if it is you. I hope she's better now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now