Low Port Primary or South Queensferry Primary??

(2 Posts)
Slinky13 Mon 10-Nov-14 11:47:07

Hi

Can any one give me advice on these 2 primary schools. Can't decide on which one.

My son is turning 6 in June 2015. Should he go to Primary 1 or 2 we are moving from South Africa to Scotland Aug 2015.

Thanks

Theclockisticking Sun 23-Nov-14 23:40:14

Hello Slinky,

Firstly, your son will go into P2.

With regards the 2 schools it will completely depend on if you choose to stay in Linlithgow (Low Port) or South Queensferry (S.Queensferry primary). Don't know if you are aware (and I apologise if you are) but schools in Scotland offer places primarily on if you live in the catchment area. Therefore, you would need to live in a particular area of Linlithgow to attend the Low Port or you could submit a placing request if you live outside the catchment area but as the schools are mostly oversubscribed it is unlikely you would get a place. Also it may be worth considering if the move is long term. If it is then you may want to factor in the likely Secondary School. Linlithgow Academy has a fantastic reputation and is always up there at the top of the League Tables.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now