Oi! Pixi, Hoochie, Drowning, DragonButter (for a limited time only), Phoenix, Doris, Pav, Bel, the lovely Fennel, Diedandgonetodevon and every other lovely EXETER person.... OVER ERE!!!

(54 Posts)
littlelamb Fri 15-May-09 10:45:16

Right
I am the boss now, savvy? wink
But no, I am the new tsarina of the Exeter local site, which has become a bit shite. Why did noone answer my cloudy water post a few months ago eh? It's rivetting stuff.
I'm going to try and keep it bumped every couple of days or so, so it stays sticky at the top of your active convos. Or you can subscribe to the mumsnet local section. Basically I want to know what's going on locally, anything good you have done (like Haldon forest and the dirty Phoenix burgers grin), so everyone else can find out about them too. It's going to be especially useful with the dreaded half term coming up... If noone posts I will just post myself until someone comes to join me.
<<Does a little twirl and disappears in a puff of smoke>>

bluebump Fri 15-May-09 15:25:08

Ooh yes i'm going to post on this so I remember to look back and see what exciting things people can recommend for me to do with my DS (9 months). I have a good 3 months before I am due back at work so want to make the most of it! I keep missing the meet ups as I tend to be doing stuff with DP and DS on weekends/half terms.

belcantwait Fri 15-May-09 15:31:07

hellloooo!

my main plan for half term is SURVIVAL
however if i do do anything remotely exciting i shall be sure to let you know wink

smile

littlelamb Fri 15-May-09 16:53:25

Ah, Friends!!!
<<clasps you both to ample bosom, and looks around for more fresh blood>>

littlelamb Fri 15-May-09 19:12:37

Bump for the evening crowd

littlelamb Sat 16-May-09 17:26:40

Right you lovely ladies I am going to out some Sawyer up to entice you over here. I can hear you scuttling in now Dragonbutter grin Please clean up that pool of drool.
I know a few of the local mums are having a hard time finding babysitters. I am going to start a thread to see if anyone would be up for forming a babysitters circle, or just for people to share details of great babysitters that they use

littlelamb Sat 16-May-09 17:30:20

Babysitting thread here

nevergoogledragonbutter Tue 19-May-09 13:26:40

oh good lord.
thanks for that.
grin

littlelamb Tue 19-May-09 13:29:02

whoooooooooooooooooooooooop
There are paople alive in Exeter.
I tell you what db, we should just use this thread as a perv fest. Noone else is reading wink

numptysmummy Tue 19-May-09 13:31:04

I'm reading! And i'm alive. Well,was last time i checked!

littlelamb Tue 19-May-09 13:32:49

and just like that, the Sayid crush is gone

MANATEEequineOHARA Tue 19-May-09 14:38:56

My plan for half term is Foxhayes play club grin (In my defence I have uni exams coming up and need revision time!)

TwentiethCenturyHeffa Tue 19-May-09 14:41:26

I'm reading! No plans for half term, I'll have a look and see what's on locally (in Okey, tis a lovely place to visit).

Fennel Tue 19-May-09 14:49:49

ooh I get a "lovely" smile

There's a playday in Heavitree park on the Thurs or Fri of half term, they are usually quite good for cheap easy entertainment.

Fennel Tue 19-May-09 14:55:33

Am bored at work so instead am looking things up for half term. Here are details of the playday. Though I am working on the Friday but am around some of the other days:

Family Playday

Friday 29 May
12 to 4pm
Heavitree Pleasure Ground, Exeter
FREE

Ready, get set, play! It's time for all the family to have some fun, at Exeter's first big 2009 Playday. There'll be a huge range of activities to take part in, from fire-lighting to circus skills, dance workshops to storytelling, soft play areas to cycle skills, skateboarding, and much more. Exeter's Play Rangers will be providing lots of fun, and you can have a go at tennis with free taster coaching sessions. Suitable for all ages, come along and join in the fun!

Fennel Tue 19-May-09 14:59:55

Museum workshops for the wet days though they get very crowded.

Family Activities for Half Term
Tudor Games and Costume
Wed 27 May at St Nicholas Priory
Come and spend the day as a Tudor child,
play their games and dress up in our excellent collection of costume.

Small is Beautiful
Thurs 28 May at Chapter House,
Exeter Cathedral Look at small things magnified and explore the
unusual images and textures. Experiment with
different materials to create your own pictures and structures.

Bits and Pieces
Fri 29 May at Chapter House,
Exeter Cathedral
Make artwork out of fragments, bits and pieces. Collect the essence of a picture using a variety of materials, capture them in specimen jars or on slides.

AbricotsSecs Tue 19-May-09 15:02:46

Message withdrawn

littlelamb Tue 19-May-09 16:38:52

At ease Hoochie.
Ah, see, this is nice. I'm going to tell you all about MakeArt when I've found the leaflet the lady gave me.
Til then I'll leave you in good company

Fennel Tue 19-May-09 16:59:56

More things for your local listings:

This is the weekend after half term but it's one of my dcs favourite places. Good if your children like farms, art or bushcraft (or all 3):

Sunday June 7th

OPEN FARM SUNDAY 11am-4pm CARE ABOUT YOUR FOOD? WE DO! is the theme of this year’s national event. Come along and experience food production in process.. Whilst you’re here enjoy – Tractor & Trailer rides; guided walks; food activities; help the farmer; children’s activities, and of course our usual selection of home made refreshments, including West Town’s own beef barbeque. FREE entrance but a small charge for some activities.
www.organicarts.org.uk/westtownfarm.html

drowninginclutter Tue 19-May-09 19:59:44

I have no useful ideas for half term, DS is still that young that I didn't even realise it was HT next week blush but thought this was a really good idea.

If I do think of anything I will let you know...

niche Fri 22-May-09 22:27:13

<pixi pops out of hiding>
It's 'Wild Week' at Killerton House for half term. Various bits and pieces going on including bug hunts, bug/bird box making, tree identifying etc and Victorian costume events for the not so bug inclined.

kennythekangaroo Fri 22-May-09 22:38:14

Exmouth kite festival is the 2nd weekend. Hopefully there'll be more wind than last year.

gloomysue Sat 23-May-09 13:37:53

Viking and Saxon fighting in Crediton on Sunday and Monday!

AbricotsSecs Sun 24-May-09 12:31:37

Message withdrawn

nevergoogledragonbutter Thu 28-May-09 23:04:26

Did anybody turn out to watch the cycling in exeter tonight?

I was there and a bird dropped a poo on me with such force i thought somebody threw something at me.
Good eh? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now