Moving to Exeter St Wilfrids private school

(6 Posts)
MCCS Sun 12-Nov-17 21:40:43

Hi, can someone tell me a little more about St Wilfrid's School?I am moving to Exeter, I have an 11 years old boy and and I´m between Exeter School and St Wilfrid's. I have found a lot of information about Exeter School but not so for St. Wilfrid's School, just some good references. Thank you!!!

CatMarwood Fri 17-Nov-17 21:50:40

My son is at St Wilfrid's and loves it there. The classes are very small which means the teachers know the children really well and therefore can tailor their learning. They've just had a recent ofsted report which has some really positive comments in it such as "Pupils make strong progress from their different starting points" and "The curriculum is rich and varied. There are opportunities for pupils to take part in many visits to places of interest, which helps to bring the curriculum to life"
I have certainly found this to be the case with my son being there ( also currently 11). I hope that helps.

MCCS Sat 18-Nov-17 01:43:03

Of course CatMarwood, the information you just posted is very helpful. Thank you very much!!! I am in between St. Wilfrids and Exeter school, but I am more inclined to St. Wilfrids because of its size small and because I have also read many positive comments from the school. I feel that my son could adapt better.

Kenworthington Sat 18-Nov-17 10:54:17

Hi OP I have pm’ed you abou this

CatMarwood Sat 18-Nov-17 11:29:24

My son was at the cathedral school previously, which although the classes were reasonably small it's a very busy place and he just found it overwelming! He has also found it much easier to make friends in a smaller setting. What is lovely is that the children all play together and don't seem to worry about only playing with children of the same age or sex.

They are also a school that's well known for doing well with children who are school phobic or have failed to thrive in other schools. A very gentle, caring school.

MCCS Sat 18-Nov-17 15:24:44

Thanks to both of you!!! The information that you have shared with me has cleared my doubts a lot. I am still a bit confused but I will surely choose well. We will only be in Exeter for a year, however for me it is very important that my son continues with the excellent education he has received so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now